Individual Project - Performance Logbook (1 Viewer)

petawb

Argh! Im fresh out of ideas for my IP, its got no action whatsoever and its way too long. I need help, also if anyone has anything they can show me to put in my IP logbook, I'd be eternally greatfull.

I'm doing 'The Open Couple' by Dario Fo, if anyone's doing anything similar.

I'd love you forever if you help me... THANKYOU

<3 Peta

Last edited:

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
would love to help... but im in the same position... i have to make up about 8 weeks worth of research and study ;)

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Im doing a scene from a play called "The Lieutenant of Inishmore". Its Irish, its black comedy... and im being tortured.

So lots of fun to be had. Im trying to have it completly done by the IP showcase so that i can mould it depending on other peoples comments.

*Flutterby*

im writing my own so i dunno how im meant to research it a lot lol except that i can research the concept that im writing about

cayte

They didn't really read our logs. They pretty much just say "Is there anything you want us to read?" and just have a general flip. All the sort of angsty stuff is good though. "Having trouble cutting my piece... It rambles too much, there's no action... I'm suffering artist's block..." ect, etc. Then if you use your book as your working pad, solving problems, filling pages, trying things, it all looks good. It's not a work of art, it's a diary, just put it all in.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I totally support the 'its not a work of art'. If you are editing your script, put in drafts, and the pros and cons of each. Angsty kinda stuff, feedback (thats big, like what ppl might advise you about....anyone! I got marked down 2 marks on that). Then when you're nearing performance: props list, rationale drafts and finals, stage layout, any LX and SFX stuff that may be relevent.

Thats a really brief run down for the average log for performance. Good luck!

*Flutterby*

yeah so far ive done 4 drafts i think. theyre all in my logbook and theyre driving me nuts lol such a mess mess is not good lol but my teacher is happy wit my progress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)