Information on Accommodation (1 Viewer)

bikapika

HSC
Evilo said:
yeah there's hot chicks, especially in arts related courses. I was a bit hesitant about saying that 'cos i havent actually been to any other univeristies - makes it a bit hard for comparison.
what about the commerce faculty and the law faculty lol

base on my observation at usyd, if you factor out the engineering department and the maths/it department (commerce/arts/law kids tend not to visit these places), almost 70% of people that you see/hang around with everyday are girls and at half of them are HAWWWWWWWT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all jokes aside, do you really think "i like your application, we will make up the decisions by next week" could be a positive sign? if i get an answer like this in job interviews i usually assume rejection. they will just say "you are in" and/or "when would you be available for work" if they really like me.

Evilo

HSC
bikapika said:
almost 70% of people that you see/hang around with everyday are girls and at half of them are HAWWWWWWWT
I like girls :)
lol - yeah there are some *really* hot chicks around like the "omg type". I find hot chicks from arts, law and psyc faculties mostly. I've seen a few hot visual arts chicks, and a few hot "science" chicks, but most chicks don't do pure sciences. :p

bikapika said:
all jokes aside, do you really think "i like your application, we will make up the decisions by next week" could be a positive sign?
Sounds pretty damn positive/good to me. If they said something like "well you will know in due course, and we will see what happens" - id be a bit concerned. Sounds good dude, breath easy.

bikapika said:
if i get an answer like this in job interviews i usually assume rejection. they will just say "you are in" and/or "when would you be available for work" if they really like me.
i think your thinking far too much about this. To me it seemed positive, but "we are not going to let you know by next week". At the end of the day you can't do anything about it, so just wait and see. The fact they called you is a positive step.

bikapika

HSC
Evilo said:
I like girls :)
lol - yeah there are some *really* hot chicks around like the "omg type". I find hot chicks from arts, law and psyc faculties mostly. I've seen a few hot visual arts chicks, and a few hot "science" chicks, but most chicks don't do pure sciences. :p
awww i saw a hot chick who is about to do phb in sciences down at the info day in sydney the other day : )

so statistically speaking would you say >30% of the chicks from arts, law and psyc are hot?

Evilo said:
Sounds pretty damn positive/good to me. If they said something like "well you will know in due course, and we will see what happens" - id be a bit concerned. Sounds good dude, breath easy.

i think your thinking far too much about this. To me it seemed positive, but "we are not going to let you know by next week". At the end of the day you can't do anything about it, so just wait and see. The fact they called you is a positive step.
yeah maybe i am being pessimistic.

anyway all i have to do now is to pretend usyd is my first preference and go to its interview and then keep it as a backup option. the only thing (other than the hot girls) i like about usyd is that its combined law degree b.economics and social sciences/b.laws allows you to major in economics and law (of course) whilst taking arts subjects (so technically you can arrange to choose subjects from 3 faculties since they allow economics to be counted as an arts major). at anu you have to limite yourself to 2 faculties when you do a combined degree.

Evilo

HSC
bikapika said:
awww i saw a hot chick who is about to do phb in sciences down at the info day in sydney the other day : )
hahaha i said there were 'less' hot chicks in science. My gf does science, she is hot (well imo) lol

bikapika said:
so statistically speaking would you say >30% of the chicks from arts, law and psyc are hot?
hahaha id say (much) higher for psyc*, but i havent conducted a census so i dont actually know. :p Remember there are so many chicks around, 150+ in your college, probably 80+ in your lecture, its not like you're spolit for choice.

bikapika said:
yeah maybe i am being pessimistic.
perhaps ypu should not worry too much about chicks. Theres so many chicks, i dont think it will be to hard finding one you're attracted to.

*In my psyc tute there were about 18 girls and 3 guys. Id probably date about half of the chicks. So the odds are better with those more "female oriented" subjects

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
bikapika said:
come on current students, say that there are a lot of hot chicks at anu as well, say it to reaffirm ma faith in anu : )
there are certainly hot chicks. just not in maths :(

well that's not completely true, i know of two quite impressively hot PhB science girls who did maths this year... but they're both dropping it next year and concentrating on bio and chem, lolz. later year maths courses have about 20 guys - 2 girls. sigh.

but yeah, arts courses (languages? french and spanish definitely), law, and psych are where the hotties are at. i'd imagine that bio would also be quite female heavy, but not sure if they're a good looking bunch there or not.

physics girls - thumbs down. seriously, girls should not have chin fluff, that's just wrong...

Evilo

HSC
humphdogg said:
physics girls - thumbs down. seriously, girls should not have chin fluff, that's just wrong...
Im going to second that - except with computer science. :(

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Evilo said:
Im going to second that - except with computer science. :(
i remember a guy from one of my maths tutes talking about his first comp sci lecture - it was all guys. they got all excited when a girl turned up 5 mins late, but it turned out she was just lost and looking for directions to her arts course :lol:

Evilo

HSC
humphdogg said:
i remember a guy from one of my maths tutes talking about his first comp sci lecture - it was all guys. they got all excited when a girl turned up 5 mins late, but it turned out she was just lost and looking for directions to her arts course :lol:
lol thats gold.

id describe the only 4 girls in comp1100 (out of the 500 students) but a) you might spew and b) i'm gonna be eating shit if one of them is a bos member lol

Evilo

HSC
lol, the only 2 gay guys i know do music and politics. Sorry i can't be much more help than that.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
humphdogg said:
i reckon chicks with visible hair on their upper lip is freaking hot :hammer:

bikapika

HSC
exospacial said:
All of you guys are talking about hot girls...hows about hot gay guys? Any chance of them being in the commerce/economics section?
lol i will be at the commerce faculty and i get at least one "what time do you finish work" from guys everytime at work although i prefer girls (only "do you like working here" and "whats your name" T_T) lol however if you are hot enough im more than happy to turn gay for u

Evilo

HSC
are you trying to hint to the ladies you're a straight hot male biki? lol

bikapika

HSC
Evilo said:
are you trying to hint to the ladies you're a straight hot male biki? lol
man seriously i feel like u know me so well we can be really good friends next month : )

i wouldnt call myself hot but definitely above average

Evilo

HSC
well being "definitely above average" myself, i know what you mean. ;) Actually lets not beat around the bush here, im hot! yeah! lol
ok cyas next month. :)

Last edited:

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
exospacial said:
All of you guys are talking about hot girls...hows about hot gay guys? Any chance of them being in the commerce/economics section?
the post i would make is entirely dependant on your gender... which is undisclosed.

should i play russian roulette here guys? YOU DECIDE :ninja:

Evilo

HSC
i think you should meet up with exospacial and find out :) Perhaps a dark alley somewhere?

blacksunset

HSC
im from melb i havent got a phone call or anything yet - is that bad news?i also just changed my preferences, what are the chances of me getting my first preference accomodation? offers are out on thursday, im beginning to fret!

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
im from melb i havent got a phone call or anything yet - is that bad news?i also just changed my preferences, what are the chances of me getting my first preference accomodation? offers are out on thursday, im beginning to fret!
I don't think we get phone calls for the normal degrees. You can probably find your offers on the UAC site on the 17th of January. As for chances of getting first preference for accommodation, I asked Katie the Bruce Hall receptionist when I went up to ANU recently and she said that it was a random pick, with UAI score being a small factor taken into consideration.

By the way, if I were to receive an offer from ANU and declined it, would the contract with the residential college I was placed with also be voided?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)