Information on Accommodation (1 Viewer)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Just another quick question, what is public transport like in canberra? I've been accepting into fenner hall, and i have a car/drivers license but unsure as to whether or not i'll need to bring it when I move down there.
Is there much parking at fenner/ANU? From fenner/ANU how far away are shops? etc
see FAQ its answered there

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Just another quick question, what is public transport like in canberra? I've been accepting into fenner hall, and i have a car/drivers license but unsure as to whether or not i'll need to bring it when I move down there.
Is there much parking at fenner/ANU? From fenner/ANU how far away are shops? etc
You don't need one, but you'll probably find it useful. Parking isn't a massive issue as long as you get in early.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
it should be in the bruce contract, however its usually 5-7$ more expensive a week if u pay monthly
AFAIK you pay via direct debit fortnightly. The only alternative is lump sum via a credit card.

ah.sport

HSC
N/A
so i'm assuming after the uni letters are sent out and we accept @ ANU?
which is like the 20th..

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
from memory i found out early february, however this was a few years back. If you're first year you've got nothing to worry about anyway.

kingjulian

HSC
Is ursula really that bad?Everyone, including sister who went to burgmann, seems to have such a low opinion of the hall. I have a feeling I might end up there even though its my fourth choice. ):

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
nah - ppl just give it shit because it comes last in the sports / arts shields. Based purely on population + number of international students

Epic

HSC
Any idea how long after our uac offers we will get our accommodation offers?

gleee

HSC
N/A
What's going on with everyone else's accommodation offers?
They've gone through all four of my preferences bruce, burgmann, ursula, and john.

Now I see UniLodge under consideration, not even a preference of mines. I applied for accommodation the minute applications were available on August 29th.

Is ANU accommodation always this ineffective and inefficient?

I read they had to put students in hotels back then because they could not assist them with housing. This is ridiculous.

Epic

HSC
What's going on with everyone else's accommodation offers?
They've gone through all four of my preferences bruce, burgmann, ursula, and john.

Now I see UniLodge under consideration, not even a preference of mines. I applied for accommodation the minute applications were available on August 29th.

Is ANU accommodation always this ineffective and inefficient?

I read they had to put students in hotels back then because they could not assist them with housing. This is ridiculous.
I'm still under consideration for Bruce...and I applied in October. I guess we'll find out soon.

cricketfan10

HSC
It can take up until the last 4 days if not less. It was terrible last year.
And if they're considering you for UniLodge it's most likely it's going to be that or Fenner, i think they have enough places now so that you don't end up at the hotel.

John555

HSC
So even with the 1st year undergraduate guarantee, they can still stick you in that hotel if they're full? And if they do stick you in that hotel, how long will we need to stay there for??

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
its in the faq dude. usually for the first semester, then they try and shift you into a college.

HiddenDragon

HSC
Mine still says under consideration for Bruce, fingers crossed, i really dont want to end up in a hotel.

rx34

HSC
If I ended up in a hotel would ANU pick up my room service bill?
Who knows? They might send a special masseuses for you.

Anyway good luck guys, all the best. If there's any comfort, last year's accommodation scenario seemed worst than this year.

Last edited:

gleee

HSC
N/A
Who knows? They might send a special masseuses for you.

Anyway good luck guys, all the best. If there's any comfort, last year's accommodation scenario seemed worst than this year.
Thanks for the kind words. Did anyone think they had a bad situation with accommodation in the past? How did it turn out?

kingjulian

HSC
Does anyone else's still say application received instead of academic offer made/accepted? I'm so scared they won't change the status until the end and by then it will be too late to get into any of the catered colleges

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)