Information on Accommodation (1 Viewer)

richardneill

HSC
ajdlinux, if not application lineup, what criteria do they hand out accom offers on then?
No idea. I'm doing the PhB and I was considered by 3 different places before getting into B&G, so it's obviously not based on the degree you're doing.

yosemite sam

HSC
They usually look for a mix of students although some colleges have preferences eg
johns likes sporty people, I think B&G generally goes for people who could be considered to be more social/experiences as in have travelled or something. thats what your 'about me' part on your accommodation application was for. Burgmann has a strong law tradition, Ursies likes the really studious.

gingerwitch28

HSC
Ergh, they shouldnt tell people to 'get in quick' then, because clearly it counts for jack... And I get the whole wanting a balance thing, but still people's preferences and how on-the-ball they were with applying and stuff should still count for something. I just found out one of my friends, who hadn't applied as of like January 10th, got into B&G which was her first choice and I applied in August. I get that that's not how they do things but fucking hell why is it just some random select few that get screwed over?!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
ajdlinux, if not application lineup, what criteria do they hand out accom offers on then?
I gather that the Hall staff i.e. Head of Hall etc. seem to have a big role in selecting students.

gingerwitch28: I think the reason they'd advise people to get in quick is so they don't forget to do it and miss the due date. Also Burgmann and Johns have interviews and reference forms and I think in their cases earlier applicants can get priority.

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
I had a phone interview for Burgmann, and they said that they interviewed ' all potential candidates for the 50 places'

Tha Wishkah

HSC
i've just got a hunch that none of the 1st year's, that are being considered for fenner have received offers....its seems most offers have been directed to UL....~~just a thought
i applied for fenner and was offered a place

pookie10

HSC
hey guys. i have heard there is a place available at Ursula Hall. If you still can't find accommodation, give them a call 02 6125 6200.

chansthename

HSC
Few things, start looking really early for an apartment and you might get lucky. the other thing is moving in with a really good friend can ruin a friendship for good, keep that in mind before you move in together.

darice

HSC
N/A
Hello,
i've just received my accommodation offer from ursula, but i originally applied for Johns.
does that mean i didnt get into johns or they just haven't made their offers yet??
Also, if i turned down ursula, will other colleges provide accommodation offers?

many thanks!!! xx

ps. i'm in my first year, studying B of Arts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)