lol very hardcore

do you like anime or just the cars?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
the question is, can u understand it?
or do u have english-subbed ones?
damn friggen annoyed...the only VCD's of Initial D I can get a hold of are in Japanese with Chinese subtitles! :mad1:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i watch it... well i use to... i downloaded all the epidosed from the net =) with english sub titles...

the game is great too but i've stopped playing that

i love the rx7 :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
um, i read the comics!
i actually don't like cars, have absolutely no idea about cars, haven't driven one and don't see the fascination with cars, altering cars, painting cars, car parts, racing, brakes, wheels.
the storyline was so-so but i think it was mainly just about cars cars cars. so yea, not my thing.

i still read the comics though coz i'm a comic junkie.

RIZAL

HSC
minai: yeh I got english sub titles....my lil bro downloads them off kazaa.

anyway for all the car junkies, I hope to be stickin an RB20DET 5 sp manual with an R33 diff into my silvia which is currently non turbo...maybe chuck in some second hand tein suspension and i'll have 'purerfecto dorifto'.

Toodulu: you will see the big deal about cars when you take a ride in a car with more than 200 kW at the rear wheels.

needtostudy

i seen all of it and waiting for project D to come out, since i am not canto or jap i cannot read the project D comics which are out in the ct, the story line after is basically they make their own team Project D u got the rx7 fd's and takumi they race civic teams, umm takumis dad gets a WRX to teach him how to beat new cars now with old technology.. and goes on.. i am a fan of it... and for the fact i own a ae86 myself and its panda :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by Isaac Reyes

Toodulu: you will see the big deal about cars when you take a ride in a car with more than 200 kW at the rear wheels.
yea ok :eek:

MOFO

Originally posted by needtostudy
i seen all of it and waiting for project D to come out, since i am not canto or jap i cannot read the project D comics which are out in the ct, the story line after is basically they make their own team Project D u got the rx7 fd's and takumi they race civic teams, umm takumis dad gets a WRX to teach him how to beat new cars now with old technology.. and goes on.. i am a fan of it... and for the fact i own a ae86 myself and its panda :D
love ur sig pic. How much did the 86 cost ya.. i usually see a panda 86 running around chinatown with the plates 'XAE86X':cool:

T

tactic

Originally posted by MOFO

love ur sig pic. How much did the 86 cost ya.. i usually see a panda 86 running around chinatown with the plates 'XAE86X':cool:
the driver of that car is really quick through the national park, kept up with a 350+kw skyline.. and the driver of the skyline was also good

MOFO

if he kept up with the 350kw skyline the 86 must have about near 200kw and stripped.. interesting.. do u know the driver? this honky dude i know says he has gone through 3 86's but i dont know if thats true.. :confused:

needtostudy

LOL
mate...if he can keep up means the car has good handling, and good driver. In cornering the skyline is at no advantage, but as u can see he can keep up...
My hachi roku cost me 4k i have put a lot of money on top of that. Although my car might be slow in straight line.. watch out in cornering :D

needtostudy

by the way i do know the driver.. he is helping me get parts for my car from japan.. it seems all ae86 drivers know each other like skyline drivers and so fourth.

needtostudy

oh yeah btw i think mark there is pretty quick around nasho holding the record time i think ? but ran into some hard trouble should u say while doing it lol
:p

RIZAL

HSC
so you have a jap import ae86????

the australian delivered ae86's were dubbed the 'sprinter' and came with the 59 kW 4AC ............. So you either have the aus delivered one with a 4AG engine swap or you have a genuine jap import.

for $4000 i think you have the former, also considering that most importers won't touch a car this old.

take a look at the engine cover, is it silver or black?

ReaveR

HSC
Yup....watched all three stages and even the extra stage. Guess that makes four? lol All subbed and on cd somewhere...

Read..err, looked at the pictures of one manga too, at my friends house, I love it!

As for aussie 86's, I thought the Japanese ones are also called Sprinter Trueno? hahaha I get all my knowledge from GT3..^^

needtostudy

the aus spec sprinter is still called the ae86 and people think its the ae85 cause of its low end spec. My car is a aus spec sprinter with 4age 16v 86kw rwd engine that came out of the jap spec ae86's, for 4k mate u can;'t find any japanese imports for that price, even if u do its most likely a ex drift car or totally stuffed up or they bind 2 smashed up cars together.... if u want a good car around that price your looking at around 10k for a decent car for a 20 year old car honestly.

the earlier truenos were sprinters infact and have the same lights, its called the zenki model, the newer model is called kouki with updated front, and rear lights, and interior, the levin is prety much the same as trueno except for the front lights... the ae86 in japan came with lsd as an option also power windows power options where as the aus spec does not.

the hachi go or ae85 in japan comes with the 3k engine with drum brakes rear, no lsd etc..
the aus ae86 comes with rear drums but we get a better engine 4ac but still a crappy engine.

don't think that a ae86 car is old and is worth jack... you check around now it still has its resale value 4ac sprinters going at 3k, the ae86 in japan is still raced until today for its great handling performance and overall performance, its still common there and is a great car i have seen ae86's at auciton over there go as far as 40k for a very good nick trueno.. so that gives u an idea honestly if you don't have passion of the car don't buy it... your better off buying a s13 or something... the ae86 is a pit hole for money you will keep pouring money into it as you find the 4ac ones are not that great.. and you will be disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)