Inner Peace - Islam (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I've just got a small query: if including the 'Hajj' as a method to gain inner peace for Muslims, would be a suitable example for a high mark response (out of 20 marks). I am analysing the five pillars of faith, with an indepth discussion on daily prayer and hajj, except not all Muslims embark on the Hajj, so I thought that the examiners might consider it to be a weak example. I'm thinking of changing to 'Fasting' if you guys think that that is a better/stronger example.

mullo

HSC
yoakim said:
I've just got a small query: if including the 'Hajj' as a method to gain inner peace for Muslims, would be a suitable example for a high mark response (out of 20 marks). I am analysing the five pillars of faith, with an indepth discussion on daily prayer and hajj, except not all Muslims embark on the Hajj, so I thought that the examiners might consider it to be a weak example. I'm thinking of changing to 'Fasting' if you guys think that that is a better/stronger example.
hey
well the ones im focusing on is reconciliation, meditation (talk about the variants with different stances and views on this) and a balance between mind body and soul. is that right????

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Mmmm, meditation is a very good example because you can bring in the different variants for Islam - I find that the hardest thing to do, the only variant I have for Islam is Sufism, but that's for world peace...none for Inner peace.

In what you have wrote, there is a balance between mind, body and soul, but more importantly it's the submission to Allah. Sacrafice, dedication/committment, and a desire to be relate with and focus all attentions and aspects of life on Allah and others, deepens and strenghens their spiritual relationship with Allah and with others, hence achieves inner peace. Peace is not possible outside of this relationship with Allah. Here you can include aspects of 'jihad' which is jihad, which refers to ‘striving or struggling’ in the way of Allah (self-sacrifice and submission). <--- i think this is the main idea in Islam and inner peace.

ashleypage

HSC
Sufism definitely relates to inner peace, they are trying to become personally connected with Allah.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i would mention Hajj - as it is central to Islam peace
inner peace in relation to Jihad

Grey Matter

HSC
*snipped by SH*
On topic, I suggeswt you look at Sufi practises for Inner Peace as well. Hajj is certainly a good example if you don't get lost in the detail.

edited by SH...dont feed or quote the trolls...its just wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)