Insearch (1 Viewer)

luckyduck

heys people,

just wondering about the insearch program
i want to do business studies ,and i just want to know if anyone who is NOT NOT NOT a international student and is a LOCAL or australian student, has done the insearch (diploma of business studies) was suceessful in transferring to uts?

or if anyone that's know the percentages of people that can make it in to uts?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yes a reply would help ... i need this info

luckyduck

oh wells i applied for insearch anyway
they got a post reserved for me next year!
insearch here i come.. ha ha

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
heys

i did Diploma in IT at insearch + transferred into UTS 2nd yr. well it aint guaranteed that you will get a spot when you transfer into UTS, but UTS do hold a few spots for local insearch students who get the required marks, but it is competitive. a few of my friends doing IT at insearch transferred with me. i dont know anyone from business.

schwang_thang

A girl I know is currently in my course and she applied through Insearch because she didn't decide to go to uni until she was a few years out of school. And she's a local :)

Ermm....I guess it's pretty competitive, but she said that the work was easier than at uni and it was easy (well, for her at least) to get distinctions...

luckyduck

what course are you doing? if i may ask.
so she did insearch and applied for uts and she got in stright away?

yeah everything is soo competitives .. it annoys me blah.!

oh she must be smart!

schwang_thang

luckyduck said:
what course are you doing? if i may ask.
so she did insearch and applied for uts and she got in stright away?

yeah everything is soo competitives .. it annoys me blah.!

oh she must be smart!
Hey luckyduck, I'm doing a B Bus.

I'm not sure if she got in straight away, though (I didn't ask her too many details at the time). She's the only person I know from Insearch so unfortunately I don't know too much sorry!

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Insearch is shit. It's built around international students so the work is dummed down and the timetable doesn't really allow much time for part time work.

And even if you complete your certificate/diploma with a good average (eg. distinction), there are no guarantees about getting into the desired UTS degree. And to rub it in, internationals are guaranteed as long as their average mark is 65 or above..

plus, its fucking expensive.

schwang_thang

reynaldo said:
And even if you complete your certificate/diploma with a good average (eg. distinction), there are no guarantees about getting into the desired UTS degree. And to rub it in, internationals are guaranteed as long as their average mark is 65 or above..

plus, its fucking expensive.
Hmmm I agree with both points.

International students can get into the BBus course (well, in 2003 this was the case) with a UAI of 80 (if the student did their hsc in Aus. - not sure about other Internationals), so I guess enter marks would also be lowered via Insearch.

And yes, from what I've heard it is really, really expensive. Can't remember exactly how much but if my crappy memory is right, its a 5-figure sum per year and you have to pay up-front. The only 2 local people I have ever known to do Insearch have been very wealthy.

luckyduck

ohh are you guys serious??

hmmm... so i gues i should take that out of one of my options then

i just realsied one brother's gf friend got into uts via insearch she is in her 3rd now
but maybe there is a chance for locals becoz insearch leaves a few spaces for locals to transfer

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
ouch ouch ouch!

so with Insearch, is it a diploma or bachelor for Business? do you require a UAI cut off?

hey if ur doing INsearch, it's basicly like full fee paying (except with hefty hefty outrageous amounts)... like $14,000 per yr UPFRONT?

god that's gotta hurT!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
diploma business and commerce (advanced standing 13 000) - 50 pass WAM to get into B Business @ UTS 2nd year i have heard ... uai cutoff 75
diploma @ sibt is similar 12 000 gpa 1.5 -2.5 to get into B degree

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
diploma business and commerce (advanced standing 13 000) - 50 pass WAM to get into B Business @ UTS 2nd year i have heard ... uai cutoff 75
diploma @ sibt is similar 12 000 gpa 1.5 -2.5 to get into B degree
but remember, no guarantees.

you could get a D average and still not get in. 50 WAM is for the international students to be guaranteed entry to UTS (for business, 65 for some courses).

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
get back in soccer thread, we miss ur replies

big_ticket

HSC
N/A
Insearch as said before isn't guaranteed, and it is quite expensive @ $18 000 for one year. SIBT on the other hand is $12 000 for one year and you are guaranteed a spot in Macq the following year providing you have a GPA of 1.5 which is a pass average....you'll need a higher GPA for applied finance thou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)