Inspiring HSC story in todays paper.. (1 Viewer)

biggie walls

HSC
Theres a good story in todays Sydney Morning Herald in the Good Weekend magazine.. its about a Lebenese immigrant who went from being last in all his subjects in yr 9 and having pretty much no vocabulary whatsoever and being at a really disasterous school... however under his mentor (his asian boss at local take-away shop) he turned his education around and achieved a UAI of 96 and did a Bachelor of Medical Science with honours (high distinction average)

Great story me thinks, just shows you that if your determined you can achieve whatever you want! Everyone read it!

s2indie

HSC
ooooh, I should stop lurking round these forums and start my eco assessment.

biggie walls

HSC
Haha, I was seriously just about to write the exact same thing you said Riviet! :D

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Sorry I had a blank out. I wanna check it out cause I know lebanese are smart and no newspaper articles needs to publish it so it can be proved.

Ill chek out the SMH website

biggie walls said:
Theres a good story in todays Sydney Morning Herald in the Good Weekend magazine.. its about a Lebenese immigrant who went from being last in all his subjects in yr 9 and having pretty much no vocabulary whatsoever and being at a really disasterous school... however under his mentor (his asian boss at local take-away shop) he turned his education around and achieved a UAI of 96 and did a Bachelor of Medical Science with honours (high distinction average)

Great story me thinks, just shows you that if your determined you can achieve whatever you want! Everyone read it!
What is the title of the Article and is it accessible via the SMH website

Last edited by a moderator:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The Good Weekend is not available on the SMH site, you need to get yourself a copy from the newsagent, attached inside today's paper.

BronwynKate

HSC
The Age also takes in the Good Weekend.

Well done Ben.

And wasn't it great that he was able to tell Gregory what he really wanted to be?

A shame that nobody read to him when he was in school, though.

Is it really that common (and I'm not talking Lebanese-Australians only)?

I love the The Two of Us feature ... some great relationships happening, and this was one of the more thoughtful articles in the series, exploring Australian diversity.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
lilsxcwog89 said:
Sorry I had a blank out. I wanna check it out cause I know lebanese are smart and no newspaper articles needs to publish it so it can be proved.

Ill chek out the SMH website

What is the title of the Article and is it accessible via the SMH website
The title is two of us, Geoffrey Lee & Bilel Jideh
Interview by Greg Bearup

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
biggie walls said:

I'm hoping to be a similar success story. I was last in a lot of my subjects in year 9... mostly because I only showed up 2 or 3 times a week and when I did I was sent out. Ahh the good old days. public school how I miss thee. I don't think I'm going to get high 90's but I'll get a UAI, which is always something. dodgy arts degree here I come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)