int. studies: USYD or UNSW? (1 Viewer)

janishe

HSC
Hi,

My first UAC preference was always the University of Sydney's international and global studies but in the main and late rounds I didn't get an offer from USYD, so I was planning to go to UNSW.

However in the Final Round this morning I just got an offer from USYD, and now I'm not sure of which university to go to.

Which university seems to be better for international studies? Course structure wise, UNSW seems to be more organised and I don't know how USYD's program works.

Does USYD have OSP?

Thanks in advance!

Gerald10

HSC
Sydney's course is completely new this year. UNSW probably has the best reputation from what I hear word of mouth.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
At UNSW, B International Studies is almost exactly the same as a B Arts... with an extra year of going overseas and compulsory politics/history courses.

While I don't know much about USYD's International Studies program, I know that they're more business focused (I think they have to do some economics subject as a core...?) than that of UNSW.

Both goes for 4 years and both requires a year abroad... :)
Personally, I'd go with USYD, because the faculty that International Studies fall under in UNSW... is well, not as great... lol (can't say much about it since I do a bachelor of arts there... ^^").

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)