Intelligent Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
Rather than the endless cycle of 'lol ur guy sux' I thought we could try a discussion thread on relevant current events.

As some of you may or may not know, there is rumoured to be some internal debate within the Bush administration about how quickly coalition and iraqi forces should enter trouble spots. Colin Powell is in favour of staying in one spot to ensure law and order is established, before moving on to the enxt trouble spot (possibly at the expense of letting terrorists in that spot set in). Donald Rumsfeld is in favour of moving into new trouble spots more quickly, possibly at the expense of law and order in existing spots.

Your thoughts?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
Rather than the endless cycle of 'lol ur guy sux' I thought we could try a discussion thread on relevant current events.

As some of you may or may not know, there is rumoured to be some internal debate within the Bush administration about how quickly coalition and iraqi forces should enter trouble spots. Colin Powell is in favour of staying in one spot to ensure law and order is established, before moving on to the enxt trouble spot (possibly at the expense of letting terrorists in that spot set in). Donald Rumsfeld is in favour of moving into new trouble spots more quickly, possibly at the expense of law and order in existing spots.

Your thoughts?
I think the Coalition needs to ensure Law and Order is established in the major towns, eg. Baghdad, Basra. This way, these cities will have law enforcement bodies to look after them when the US leaves to enforce the law in other cities and towns.

EDIT: Intelligent discussion? On this site? Ha.

Last edited:

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
Rorix said:

Your thoughts?
I like Colin Powell's suggestion of removing the the cause of the situation, remaining and re-establishing the position they now hold before moving on. This move of course is subject to repeated counter-attacks if it is not done successfully and effectively. This is my left-side opinion. My right side agrees with Donald Rumsfeld's decision on hitting the cause of the situation causing as much disruption as possible, quick and effectively and moving on to the next. This is efficient as they would save on management costs that arise from re-establishing the position, though morally it is wrong, they are there to remove the situation, not the possibility of future situations that may arise from removing it, and there would be less allied casualities.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
EDIT: Intelligent discussion? On this site? Ha.
I was going to say...

america's invasion of iraq achieved just about as much as their foray in vietnam.
if they had just supported ho....argh. bloody amercian arrogance.

spell check

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I think the Coalition needs to ensure Law and Order is established in the major towns,
would that be SVU or Criminal Intent?

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Rorix, just cause somebody takes up arms against the Coalition doesn't mean that they are 'terrorists'. They are Iraqi Resistance.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Rorix said:

Your thoughts?
Very Interesting point Rorix, by trouble spots you are most probably implying Falluja or Samarra am I right?

Samarra presents very little danger to the US alliance- yet their is still day to day exchange in fire. Although I am not a very big fan of the Bush administration ( As you Already know- the fuckers should not have been there in the first place). I do believe Colin power is right in this case. If the coalition can insure Law and Order in Samarra (Which I doubt)- they will have have a better chance in Falluja.

I am Afraid Donald Rumsfeld is very much fucked in the head at the moment.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I believe the US needs more troops.. and needs to be in every troubled spot if they want to end it decently fast... otherwise, the us moves into TOWN A, the terrorists move to town B, the us moves into TOWN C, the terrorists move into TOWN A.

If the US stays in a few cities they will find it harder and harder to restore order in these cities. They need more troops.. alot more =/

I think they should aim to have ALL Urban/suburban areas under their control & focus on rural areas after.

Comrade nathan

HSC
I think the best thing the US can do, and i bet the end will do is in the cities that are trouble will allow independance to the cities but are still under the authority of Iraqi government. In the cities that are trouble they will allow the tribe system to be a form of a regional government, with a Cleric as its head. Then work from there.

Did you hear Sadr's Medhi army are starting to disarm.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
How bout a full withdrawl and a hand over of all meaningful control to a coalition of Arab states headed by the UAE?

You wont even need to fight any "terrorists" as their reasons for fighting will be gone.

Last edited:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
hehhe...so many experts on the logistics of war :rolleyes:
Of course!!!

Spell_Check, it would have to be SVU. Criminal Intent shits me. Gorean=Fucking tool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)