Interest Rates, Ian Macfarlane reports. (1 Viewer)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Any comments, was the RBA being used as a puppet of howards campaign? Or are these policies essentially to Australia's development. BTW I WAS ON Tv!!! IM TO THE RIGHT OF MACFARLANE IN THE BACKROUND ^_^ weeeeeeee.... anyway seriously, discuss the interest rate issues!

rantman

HSC
N/A
Howard 2004 election campaign: "Keeping interest rates low".

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Interest rates are low though. Plus, if some people had common sense, they would change their homeloan and pay more when the rate is lower and then change when the rates go up slighty. I think thats how my parents explained to me what they did, it saves money, but I'm not 100% if it applies to everyone though.

rantman

HSC
N/A
I don't believe that anyone in these forums could have a mortgage or massive credit card debt, so the BOS care-factor would be close to: 0.00%.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
HSC
exactly... I don't call these drastic measures of increasing interest rates by significant figures as "keeping interest rates low" yet the Australian public swallows this like morning breakfast... I don't get it honestly... blatently lied to.... and it's nothing

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Thats cause its almost impossible to buy a house.

rantman

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
Interest rates are low though. Plus, if some people had common sense, they would change their homeloan and pay more when the rate is lower and then change when the rates go up slighty. I think thats how my parents explained to me what they did, it saves money, but I'm not 100% if it applies to everyone though.
Economists say most banks have already raised their interest rates over the past couple of weeks in light of higher than expected inflation and economic growth, so its too late to change loans.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
HSC
what's that got to do with interest rates??? The practicality is in house prices which have stabilised in accordance with the RBA. I don't see how a rise in interest rates will drop house prices, merely cause additional pressure for first home buyers and Aussie battlers in general.

rantman

HSC
N/A
nick1048 said:
exactly... I don't call these drastic measures of increasing interest rates by significant figures as "keeping interest rates low" yet the Australian public swallows this like morning breakfast... I don't get it honestly... blatently lied to.... and it's nothing
You're half right. BUT...they are doing their part by running contractionary fiscal policy. So they half-lied...if that is possible.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
HSC
The RBA has no matter in terms of fiscal policy as Governor MacFarlane clearly pointed out to the chair and the board. He's a very good talker and it was a fascinating day, perhaps I should pose this questions to those who attended the gallery. Maybe that would make more sense.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i'm sick of people saying this... maybe if our generation didn't;
a) buy alot of expensive cars n shit
b) buy the most expensive possible food, clothes
c) go out all the fuckn time.
They could afford a house?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)