• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Intergrated response for Module A. (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
So far my essays for Module A have been getting 16's and 17 and my teacher has said that my ideas are really developed by I lack intergrating both of the texts. I tend to treat them as seperate texts in my essays instead of intergrating them well.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can intergrate my essay better instead of just treating them as two texts in an essay.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Try relate similar concepts in each text to each other. Use the words 'like' 'similarly' basically synonyms for 'like' when starting paragraphs/sentences that can be related to each other.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What he said ^

Like get a key idea from 1 text, and then if there's a similar idea in the other start the paragraph by

Similarly, Text "X" also portrays the significance etc...

jellybelly59

HSC
The reason for this is probably because your lacking linking terms between the texts such as 'similarly, comparatively, this is also seen in' etc etc . Have comparisons that go beyond a single sentence - compare on a conceptual basis. The best way to do this is talk about the texts in a single paragraph. Finally have a strong thesis and always link back to your thesis so your integration can be complete and cohesive.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
If you aren't already, make sure to structure your essay in terms of concepts rather than outlining the individual concepts in each text separately. This makes for much easier linkage between your respective texts. If you're already doing this, as others have said try to bring in more of those linking words. The links you're making should be totally explicit. It may even be as simple as swapping a few sentences around so that similar points are closer together and voila! - you have a link.

Try asking your teacher to point out specific places you could improve though.

gesh17

HSC
N/A
The reason for this is probably because your lacking linking terms between the texts such as 'similarly, comparatively, this is also seen in' etc etc . Have comparisons that go beyond a single sentence - compare on a conceptual basis. The best way to do this is talk about the texts in a single paragraph. Finally have a strong thesis and always link back to your thesis so your integration can be complete and cohesive.
It's as simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)