woot im finishd my bow too

i finished a few weeks ago

now i got to focus on theory

jessal

HSC
fair enough!
yeah well congrats on your B!
thats awesome.
get that finished before external marking!!!

maaaaaaaaaaan i had 21 pieces all together. why werent you allowed to know your exact mark? i got a 48 so...woohoo.

im scared for monday though. ive been busy with drama hsc. i havent had a chance to speak with my art teacher about touch ups or anything.

Beeno

HSC
Internal marks are stupid unless your teacher is a HSC marker. My teacher is a HSC marker and she's marking this year but she went to have a baby so we had the other art teachers. Ours was marked last week. They gave my friend a low C but when my HSC marker teacher came back to look at the works she gave her a low A! So it's not very reliable if your teacher doesn't mark the HSC. Art is also a very subjective thing so what some like others don't...

I handed in 70/100 pieces and got a 47/50 from the other teachers and my HSC marker teacher said she was very pleased with it so hopefully I'll do well >< MY HSC DEPENDS ON IT! STILL working on it. 10 more to go. Due Monday 9am !!

Haha.

Last edited:

jessal

HSC
congrats to you! thats awesome.
yeah my art teacher is a HSC marker also.
and ours were marked by 3 art teachers collaboratively so i think its safe to say that everyone was marked fairly at my school.

...whoa @ 100 pieces. how big are they/ what is your work about.

and here i was thinking my 21 pieces were a lot. haha

Last edited:

Beeno

HSC
I was (or am) appropriately Robert Klippel. The pieces are small paper sculptures (around 10cm in height and various widths). To be honest, I am not entirely sure what my concept is. HAHA. Just making it up or improvising along the way but I'll come up with something that sounds so ambiguous it works well with my work. XD. Something along the lines of automatism-abstraction-state of minds and WILLY WONKA's chocolate factory! ROFL. Yeah, nothing deep. I'm not a very deep person. Haha.

What's yours about?

jessal

HSC
hahahaha. sounds awesome .thats ok..the best of works can't be explained in words. i'd never have the patience for small paper sculptures.
maaaan i havent seen that movie in AGES!
but anyway! lol
ive got a mixture of painting and drawing...photos/ digital media.
basically...large pieces. scraped paint and charcoal drawings. dripping paint. kinda rauschenberg-esq. kids in gas masks.
then smaller pieces that are a lot simpler.
some digital media
and sculpture pieces that connect together -it looks like a game but nothing really maes sense on it.its very busy.
mine's about war,basically. its effect on children. its effect on me. the whole idea of children becoming desensitized and disconnected to the war because toy soldiers, toy guns and war games make the war seem in-personal and as though its a game.
its a little difficult to explain.but thats my work in a nutshell.

Beeno

HSC
That' deep. Haha. So it's like a collection of works? That's awesome. Sounds like a lot of work. It's interesting to know what others have done. I also saw pictures of other artworks from my local area. Someone did a puzzle painting about her and her ex who she hasn't gotten over (=S), some paper roses positioned on several boards to make a rose, 2 textured paintings about homosexuality, some random girl on bebo made miniature rooms out of playdough in those round Yum Cha dish things...

I love MMORPG games! XD. Not war games or shooting games though. Cute ones like Ragnarok or something. Haha. Although I also like GTA...and enjoy killing pedestrians. LOL. No I'm not a psychopath like that Virginia Tech murderer. Haha.

jessal

HSC
yeah there were a lot of political works from my grade this year but each individual's work looks so different.
one of the girls who got full marks did gleeson-style paintings. they were absolutely beautiful.
the diversity is really cool.
im excited to see what art express has to offer .

dont lie. you kill children in your spare time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)