• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Internal Marks? (1 Viewer)

MadGold777

HSC
Yeah alright, would it be better to hand my notes out to my entire cohort or just people who have the potential to beat me?
Hmmm how will it effect me if I place first?
P.s Sorry for all the questions :p

skyisblack

HSC
umm.. lol what?

i never said the system is bad (and if i did, i meant the system WITHIN my school)

how many times have i said "it depends on the credibility of your school"

and i completely agree that my school is fucked
Yes but I don't go to your school, so how does this apply to me?

skyisblack

HSC
Thank you to everyone who's intentions were to help me and don't worry I'm not an idiot. This has boosted my morale a lot. Cheers

skyisblack

HSC
Also, I was just wondering what my estimated ATAR would be with those ranks and internal marks taken into consideration. I used an ATAR calculator and typed in the lowest numbers, provided by both michaeljennigs and enoilgam. It came out with 97. something ( can't remember). I'm just curious because in an earlier thread people said my predicted ATAR would be 90-93 (with those ranks) if I maintained that level of performance. I'm kinda confused now because I'm probably missing something here. Could someone please explain?

michaeljennings

HSC
Also, I was just wondering what my estimated ATAR would be with those ranks and internal marks taken into consideration. I used an ATAR calculator and typed in the lowest numbers, provided by both michaeljennigs and enoilgam. It came out with 97. something ( can't remember). I'm just curious because in an earlier thread people said my predicted ATAR would be 90-93 (with those ranks) if I maintained that level of performance. I'm kinda confused now because I'm probably missing something here. Could someone please explain?
yeah actually maybe my estimates were too high, i put in what what i thought you would get and it was 98..but 98 at our school is median..but then your ranks are really low

Im not sure cos some of your ranks are decent like english and maths ext 1 and then maths ext 2 scales really well so really thats 6 out of your 10 units that should already be pretty good. I guess its good you do maths ext 1 and 2 then

tambam

HSC
Not to shoot you down or anything, but I think some of enoilgam and michaeljennings are a bit inflated, because to be honest, some of your ranks are pretty bad, and no matter how well you go in the hsc external, there are still people at the bottom end of each subject who will get pretty abysmal marks, and your internal mark will sit somewhere amongst them. (So internal marks of 70s and 80s are not unlikely).

But in saying that, remember simply getting a total mark of ~85 for each of your subjects should secure you an atar of 95+, and since you're Eng Advanced is looking like a band 6, that along with your high scaling subjects, and the fact that our school usually does well in all of them, means that a mark of 97+ is not impossible (provided you actually perform as well as you say you will in the hsc!)

enoilgam

HSC
Not to shoot you down or anything, but I think some of enoilgam and michaeljennings are a bit inflated, because to be honest, some of your ranks are pretty bad, and no matter how well you go in the hsc external, there are still people at the bottom end of each subject who will get pretty abysmal marks, and your internal mark will sit somewhere amongst them. (So internal marks of 70s and 80s are not unlikely).

But in saying that, remember simply getting a total mark of ~85 for each of your subjects should secure you an atar of 95+, and since you're Eng Advanced is looking like a band 6, that along with your high scaling subjects, and the fact that our school usually does well in all of them, means that a mark of 97+ is not impossible (provided you actually perform as well as you say you will in the hsc!)
Its hard to predict this sort of thing, especially with a student towards the bottom of a top 5 school. I just went off the stats provided by the OP. But I wouldnt be suprised if I was off with my guesses

skyisblack

HSC
Yeah I can understand its impossible to predict internal marks but thanks for the estimates. Haha yeah I nearly got my hopes up there but I guess as long as I work hard and ace the externals then it should be okay.

michaeljennings

HSC
Its hard to predict this sort of thing, especially with a student towards the bottom of a top 5 school.
+1

At our school its easy to know what the people ranked highly get but no one really talks about what the bottom students get for internals

michaeljennings

HSC
Yeah I can understand its impossible to predict internal marks but thanks for the estimates. Haha yeah I nearly got my hopes up there but I guess as long as I work hard and ace the externals then it should be okay.
Either way even if me and enoilgam are incorrect with our estimates youre gonna get a lot better than what your atar estimate thread predicted

blakegriffin

HSC
School marks are meaningless yes (which is what I think you mean because internal mark makes up half of your overall mark so it cant be meaningless..), but ranks are not.... (you better not be kapilan)
that kapilan guy sounds like an asshole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)