Internal Program Transfer (1 Viewer)

danielau

HSC
What are the chances of transferring into a different program if your wam is under the wam on the website? I understand that it says 'minimum' but have there really been no exceptions? I'm looking to transfer into economics which needs 70 and I'm under that mark.

DforDANNY

HSC
Uni Grad
Nearly no exceptions. I applied for IPT twice whilst I was below the threshold for Comm/Eco (75) by 0.75 (WAM was 74.25 when i made my application) and they refused me twice. Interestingly, I applied by UAC during the mid-year intake and I was successful (my ATAR was below the cut-off also).

My suggestion would be to apply through UAC again. I wish you all the best with your transfer

danielau

HSC
:(

Does UAC take uni grades + ATAR into consideration? My ATAR is also below the ATAR cut off for economics.

I really want to transfer over to economics or commerce to major in business law but that isn't looking possible.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
If you apply through UAC, they take combine current WAM and ATAR and convert it into a new WAM. Mind you, if you had a poor ATAR, the combined WAM could possibly be lower than your current WAM.

danielau

HSC
If you apply through UAC, they take combine current WAM and ATAR and convert it into a new WAM. Mind you, if you had a poor ATAR, the combined WAM could possibly be lower than your current WAM.
Thanks for reply.

Can you ask them to only consider WAM? And how highly does WAM scale? I don't want my ATAR to be considered.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Thanks for reply.

Can you ask them to only consider WAM? And how highly does WAM scale? I don't want my ATAR to be considered.
If you are in your second or third year of study, your WAM will be more heavily weighted than ATAR. I think there are specific courses where there are exceptions. You would need to check with the school.

lolJK

HSC
A quick question (didnt think i should start a new thread) about units of credit. Since ive only done one semester, does that mean i cant apply for IPT because i wouldn't have completed 36 units until the results came out which is after application deadline. Or, can i apply this semester?

thanks

D94

HSC
N/A
You can apply this semester. It's based on how many you have completed + enrolled in, so now you would typically be enrolled in 48 UOC.

Also, the acceptance period is after the release of results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)