Internal Ranks Question (1 Viewer)

feldmann

HSC
Can first and second get the same assessment mark? I really believe i deserve first place but bombed out in one assessment from nervousness and it will be hard to make up the gap considering me and this other student always get similar marks. I know first gets the highest exam mark as assessment mark & the others undergo moderation. However, if the marks submitted by the school are so close (eg- 1 mark apart) with 1st and 2nd, can both get the same assesment mark?

D94

HSC
N/A
Yes, and sort of.

The reported mark is a whole mark out of 100. But say 94.5 and 94.6 will both be reported as 95, however, when they do calculations etc., they will use the exact mark (technically the raw mark, but for simplicity, I will refer to the aligned, final marks).

If your school marks are very close and the range of HSC exam marks are not too far apart, then your assessment mark will be very close.

But this is something you don't need to worry about. The only thing you can control from now are your performances in your school assessments, and more importantly, the HSC exam. Focus on that instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)