Internal Ranks Stress :( (1 Viewer)

mfhs2022

HSC
Hey all, for someone thats ranked 60ish out of 130 or so people in advanced maths, is that enough for a band 5 internal mark (school rank 89) Im really worried it'll enter the 70s and that a high band 5 or low band 6 isn't doable.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given your current rank as well as your school rank, I think an Assessment Mark in the band 5 range in Mathematics Advanced is possible. Here, I refer to the fact that back when I did my HSC, I was ranked 36/146 at a school that was then ranked 157th and ended up receiving 83 as my Assessment Mark. Regardless, an Assessment Mark in the band 5 or band 6 range does not guarantee an HSC mark in the band 5 or band 6 range on its own. While we can speculate about the possibility that your rank is sufficiently high, it would be a good idea to focus on the element that you have control over which would maximise your chances of achieving an HSC mark in your desired region, being the HSC exam. This is because it contributes the remaining 50% of your HSC mark, meaning that favourable performance in your Mathematics Advanced HSC exam would considerably increase your chance of achieving a mark in the specified range.

Of course, determining the number of band 6's (and if available, information relating to the number of band 5's) achieved at your school in this subject could give you a clearer perspective regarding the possibility of attaining your goal.

I hope this helps! :D

mfhs2022

HSC
Given your current rank as well as your school rank, I think an Assessment Mark in the band 5 range in Mathematics Advanced is possible. Here, I refer to the fact that back when I did my HSC, I was ranked 36/146 at a school that was then ranked 157th and ended up receiving 83 as my Assessment Mark. Regardless, an Assessment Mark in the band 5 or band 6 range does not guarantee an HSC mark in the band 5 or band 6 range on its own. While we can speculate about the possibility that your rank is sufficiently high, it would be a good idea to focus on the element that you have control over which would maximise your chances of achieving an HSC mark in your desired region, being the HSC exam. This is because it contributes the remaining 50% of your HSC mark, meaning that favourable performance in your Mathematics Advanced HSC exam would considerably increase your chance of achieving a mark in the specified range.

Of course, determining the number of band 6's (and if available, information relating to the number of band 5's) achieved at your school in this subject could give you a clearer perspective regarding the possibility of attaining your goal.

I hope this helps! :D
sorry for the late reply, trials got me a bit busy aha but I appreciate your advice. Also, would you know how to obtain information relating to the number of band 5s for maths?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
sorry for the late reply, trials got me a bit busy aha but I appreciate your advice. Also, would you know how to obtain information relating to the number of band 5s for maths?
No problem, hope your trial exams are going well.

Obtaining information relating to the number of band 5's is a bit tricky compared to the number of band 6's (for which a quick search on HSCninja is all you need). You could either estimate the potential number of band 5's achieved at your school in Mathematics Advanced by using the number of band 6's on the premise that the number of band 5's is likely to be higher, and you could also ask your school/teacher to give you an approximate number, which would be sufficiently accurate for you to better assess your current position.

yanujw

HSC
Try searching '[school name] annual report'. There will be a section with hsc results that tells you mean marks and maybe the amount of band 5s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)