Internal Transfer & risk being stuck with an unwanted course, or External Transfer? (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Hey guys,

Couldn't make the 90 cut sadly, but comfortably guaranteed for Macquarie Commerce as I have an offer lined up right now.

I've always been considering UNSW Commerce but I'm not sure whether I should:

1. Take MacQ Comm Offer and externally transfer later if I really wanted to.

2. Go to UNSW Science or another course, and potentially get a 75 WAM to internally transfer with 0 cores done for UNSW Commerce. - or see where it takes me.

Side question - which courses outside of the business school do some/all of the cores of Commerce First-year?

Last edited:

chickencoop

HSC
Re: Internal Transfer & risk being stuck with an unwanted course, or External Transfe

Considering the recent articles released by several news agencies regarding the slacking off of Australian universities when it comes to cutoffs, i recommend that if your atar is within 10 atar below 90 cutoff, that you at least put the course as second preference.

I have heard several cases where universities have accepted students into courses even when their atar is noticeably lower ( possibly because the uni's benefit from more enrolments as they cash in more money from the government and our pockets ).

sorry i cant answer your question, but i thought u shuld know about what i had to say

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Internal Transfer & risk being stuck with an unwanted course, or External Transfe

Option 1 is the safer one. Do a year's at Macquarie and then apply for external transfer. You should aim for at least Distinction average to receive an offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)