Internal transfer (1 Viewer)

Butterfly.

HSC
I want to transfer out of my course and into another. I already know that I can do that and to do so I need 12 credit points and a GPA 2. But I was wondering when exactly can I do it and how do I do it?
Am I still able to transfer for next semester?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
u gotta apply through UAC but i think that it's only based on ur UAI.. you'd probably have to do it at the end of the year.. ask student enq.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
mid year transfers have closed anyways so you can wait till the end of the year where you can submit your preferences.
do it via uac...its the exact same process from where you first did it. its around $45 from my memory.
usually transfer applicants have a thing called nrsl, which takes half your UAI and half of your tertiary grades
have a look at the transfers thread for more info

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
It's done through UAC? Really? No fkn way, i'm gonna check up on that...

-P_D

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Transfers can be done either internally or through UAC. If the student is a first year, they can transfer to any other courses (across other universities as well) mid year, with only UAI being considered. (correct me if i'm wrong)

From then on, it will be as stated above, 50 - 50 UAI and GPA (if you decide to go through UAC). If you want to transfer internally at any time, you just have to meet the criteria (e.g GPA 2.0 and 12cp etc.)

buddys

HSC
Here is the website on transfers:

http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/current/currentstudents/coursetransfer.htm

jemsta said:
mid year transfers have closed anyways so you can wait till the end of the year where you can submit your preferences.
do it via uac...its the exact same process from where you first did it. its around $45 from my memory.
usually transfer applicants have a thing called nrsl, which takes half your UAI and half of your tertiary grades
have a look at the transfers thread for more info
It says: "[Closed] Internal Course/Degree Transfer has closed for Semester 1, 2007. Applications for internal degree transfer for Semester 2, 2007 are expected to open in July 2007. " Does this mean it is too late to transfer for semster 2 2007? :confused:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
thats probably external (done via uac), which has closed
not sure about internally...check it up with your university institution

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
damn, i thought all i needed was a GPA of 2.25, now i find out the use my UAI, I have to apply through UAC, etc etc etc... How utterly crappy :bomb:

-P_D

X

xeuyrawp

P_Dilemma said:
damn, i thought all i needed was a GPA of 2.25, now i find out the use my UAI, I have to apply through UAC, etc etc etc... How utterly crappy :bomb:

-P_D
That's only for external...

You want to change unis? If not, why would you apply externally, anyway? :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Help us out a bit original poster:

a) What degree are you in
b) What degree do you wish to transfer to
c) What is your GPA/CP situation

Now:

i) As pasted above, the expected opening date for internal transfers for Semester 2, 2007 is July.

So keep an eye out on this page around that time.
ii) Internal transfers rely PURELY on GPA.
iii) The procedure is that you pick up a Request to Transfer Degree Course form (available from the Student Enquiry Service, Lincoln Building or online from the above webpage). Complete that and hand it in, and then you just wait if its been processed and approved.
iv) You will not be able to enrol through estudent until this program has been approved, so keep that in mind if you want to do a very popular subject.

Kegs

HSC
I want to do medicine and got a UAI of 40, but its okay cause I have an IQ of 130...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha!

Ugh, its worse when parents come up during pathways days and get angry after we tell them that their kids' chances of getting in anywhere are limited with a uai of 40 :S

X

xeuyrawp

Kegs said:
I want to do medicine and got a UAI of 40, but its okay cause I have an IQ of 130...
I want to do medicine and I got a UAI of 40, but it's okay cause I have a Priest of 70. :eek:

Monstar

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I want to do medicine and I got a UAI of 40, but it's okay cause I have a Priest of 70. :eek:

that actually made me lol. What server, bro?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)