international studies (1 Viewer)

gp

is anyone else doing international studies with me?
if so which one are you doing.. euro, asian, global or languages

and what subjects are you choosing?

s2ophie

HSC
yay me!!

I'm doing European studies. um I was at the advisory day yesterday...My subject areas are ITAL, POLS, EURO and SPAN (If not SPAN i'll do hisory ones.) I'm advanced Italian at USyd which is a pain in the bum cos i have to organisse all that separately and beginners Spanish and My S1 politics is International Relation is the C20th.

If you were at the thing yesterday did you notice the ratio of guys to girls :O

M_J987

Banned
Im doing international relations which is similar to your degree but better (only kidding).

What was the ratio?? Who was it favourable for??

s2ophie

HSC
are you doin it at ANU? that was my second choice.

it was about 90% girls!

M_J987

Banned
Yeah Im doing it at ANU.

Was everyone at the day though?? If its the same at ANU it means ill have to move fast if any of them are good. What were they like at your day??

M_J987

Banned
P.S. Whatdo u have to do with ur course, i.e. subjects and courses and stuff, i heard it was quite a lot

s2ophie

HSC
the lecturer said that about 80% of people turned up with the advisory day.

With my course you choose one of 4 stream - European Studies, Globalisation, Asian Studies or Languages. I'm doing European studies so i do European studies as my core. Languages do 2 labguages. Um you then have to pic a social science major - History, Politics and International Relations or something and then you also pick a European language. You then get 2 free electives to choose from anywhere int he arts faculty. In first year you can do an extra language for these subjects and I'm doing spanish. I think for me it will work out to be abour 17hours a week. Half way throgh third year you go to uni overseas for a year.

gp

i'm doing european studies too.. and im a girl

but i didnt go to the advisory day.. was it worthwhile? i completely forgot

i think i'm going to do international business as my social science major

then maybe art theory or phsycology

do we get to choose two free electives each session.. or one free elective a year.. i am confused?

s2ophie

HSC
The advisory day was worthwhile for me because i had to organise my italian but all that they did was talk for a bit and then they got us to fill in a form which had space to put an course in for each bit.

They also handed out a hardcopy of the timetable and a few other sheets.

With the free electives you get one free elective per session. I'm doing Introductory Spanish 1A and 1B

Lolliana

im doing int studies global, linguistics, french, and hist1010 as my elective.
I went to the advisory day too, but i totally missed the lecture, coz i came way late (i dropped my cousin at the import earlier) hope it wasnt too important.

I noticed the girl to guy ratio as well, very dissapointing....

so where does every one want to go for their period of overseas study

s2ophie

HSC
i want to go to italy. My parents area lready telling my relatives to come over for my 21st!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)