international studies (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hi, i am just filling out the uac course choices and i am not sure about the uni that i should apply for. is any one doing international studies at uni? if so, would you recommend your uni? any advice/comment will be welcome! thank you!

HSC
N/A
i just finished the application. i was choosing between unsw and syd but i chose syd in the end. i don't know, but i'll go the the open days and have a look and i guess i can aslways change it after.

Abbeygale

HSC
I'm not at uni yet, so I'm not quite what you're looking for. But I applied for International Studies at UNSW as one of my preferences.

I know that the websites are an absolute pain in the ass, but its really important that you thoroughly read the course information on both sites. Don't assume that because they have the same name they're much the same course- UNSW and USyd have two fairly different courses named International Studies. UNSW's course is in the Arts faculty and is sort of language/humanities based, whereas USyd's course is in the Commerce/Business faculty, and has more about international business and so forth. Its also worth mentioning that International Studies is a fairly new course at the University of Sydney, and I'm pretty sure it's not currently available as a combined degree, unlike the UNSW course.

If the UNSW International Studies course appeals to you, have a look at USyd Liberal Studies (International) also.

Last edited:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
What can International studies at UNSW be combined with? I've never heard of this, unless if you're talking about combining it with law?

Abbeygale

HSC
Yeah, Law/International Studies. Thats the only combined degree I've looked at, so I wouldn't know if there are any others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)