Internet Explorer 7 (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Just downloaded it. Personally, I hate the new layout--those tabs are unnecessary, I want a dedicated history icon, put the Menu bar on top (so the one with File, Edit, View drop down menus, etc), and probably some other things too. I prefer Internet Explorer 6 :( but I can't re-install it as my platform is Windows XP :(:(:( btw, if anyone has any idea how to rectify the situation, I'd appreciate it. I've worked out how to remove the tabs though, so it's not so annoying, but yes, any help would be appreciated (basically, something like IE 6 layout would be nice).

ippie

HSC
huh? i have windows XP and IE 6.

IE 7 *is* kinda shit. whats with the miniture icons? you miss them so easily.

lengy

HSC
I had to take open in tabs off cause it shuts down the window. :mad:

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Download firefox, looks better, can be easily customised and most of all uses less resources than IE.

HSC
N/A
Or at least Opera.

Seriously, Firefox has got to be the best web-browser. It's even better with the add-ons, which aren't necessary, but can add to your viewing/browsing pleasure.

yosemite sam

HSC
i like IE7... the tabs mean that i dont have to have a million windows open at once when im doing a million things at once cos i can just have them in the tabs. makes sense to me.

HSC
Psst,

"How can I get IE6 back?"

does not mean the same thing as

"Hey please tell me how good Firefox is, just in case I've somehow missed it the last million time you people have tried!"

For such enlightened computer users, you sure do have a hard time reading.

Regarding the original question:
To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

1. Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."
2. Click "Add or Remove Programs."
3. Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.
4. Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove." (If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview — March 20 or later, it is not necessary to check "Show Updates.")
5. Select the appropriate version of Internet Explorer 7 for your operating system.
If for some reason this doesn't work, you may be able to revert to IE6 using the following method:
1. Edit the registry to change the Internet Explorer IsInstalled flag from 1 to 0.
Instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304872/en-us
2. Repair your Internet Explorer 6 installation.
Instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378/en-us

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
BIGTYMA said:
Download firefox, looks better, can be easily customised and most of all uses less resources than IE.
Sure, if you like using up all your memory (although this has supposedly changed in version 2), I've found FF is a lot slower though

Last edited:

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Just to make sure everyone knows.

Firefox > IE

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
BIGTYMA said:
Just to make sure everyone knows.

Firefox > IE
QFT.

Man there's too many n00bs out on the net these days....

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
i use IE7 at home and IE6 at work. i prefer IE6 but im used to IE7 now so no complaints really
Firefox hogs up memory etc, if you know how to protect your pc IE is fine ive never contracted anything in the past few years, only if its been deliberitly downloaded from limewire etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)