'Interns' - tonight on channel 7 (1 Viewer)

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
i just noticed an entry in the tv guide for a show called Interns, here's the blurb:

Follow the journey of these aspiring doctors as they grow from raw interns to confident doctors facing the hour-to-hour reality of having to perform surgery for the first time, counsel grieving relatives and breaking unbearable news to patients.

i'm assuming it's from the US, but could be interesting :)

it's on channel 7 @ 11pm (in Sydney, at least. not sure about other states)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
vodkacrumble said:
i just noticed an entry in the tv guide for a show called Interns, here's the blurb:

Follow the journey of these aspiring doctors as they grow from raw interns to confident doctors facing the hour-to-hour reality of having to perform surgery for the first time, counsel grieving relatives and breaking unbearable news to patients.

i'm assuming it's from the US, but could be interesting :)

it's on channel 7 @ 11pm (in Sydney, at least. not sure about other states)
Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.
:)

rozymisty

HSC
Ah cool. Will check the tv guide now....yes it is on. YAY looking forward to seeing it.

Its interesting to note, that during my last 4wks of prac, I thought the doctors that were tehre on the ward most of the time were registras not interns. I only found out on Sunday night when I wound up in ER with mild concussion, and saw one of the doctors there. I thought hm maybe she's doing the ortho ER round ie looking after the trauma cases coming in. Then it occured to me oh she must be an intern, when she came to talk to me about what was going on, and she's like oh your one of hte nursing students lol.hehe. My friend then said later that they were finishing up their orthopaedic rotation on the same day that we finished up our prac.....that would also explain why they left chocolates for the ward lol..

Its going to be so strange next year, coz im going to be working in the private sector and so I wont be working with interns or regs at all. Going to be rather strange (or do you get some med students in private hospitals??) getting used to not having the docs there all the time, and hving to ring up the docs and hope they arent busy or cranky lol.

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
rozymisty said:
Its going to be so strange next year, coz im going to be working in the private sector and so I wont be working with interns or regs at all. Going to be rather strange (or do you get some med students in private hospitals??) getting used to not having the docs there all the time, and hving to ring up the docs and hope they arent busy or cranky lol.
tough shit if they're cranky - they're paid the big $$$ for a reason!

conversely, i'm getting used to being in a metropolitan area with drs everywhere! and there is someone in the hospital to see pts out of hours! amazing.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Interesting show (interns). I enjoyed it, although the intern with the glasses complained a little too much; especially when he couldn't find the glass in the leg of lamb - if he had of worked instead of complaining and blaming others perhaps he would've discovered the buttons.

rozymisty

HSC
I found it an interesting show. Was annoyed that it started 30mins later than stated but I guess thats the fault of DWTS.

Interesting to have a medical show from NZ rather than always from the US. That bit on NG tubes...ewk i wanted to throw up lol...it looks so uncomfortable. Im glad we dndt have to practice doing them in our clinical classes lol.

Hope they keep screening this show.

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
you know i wish we had been made to do this at uni, one of my tutors was going to make us do it but i think the uni would've had a fit.
it's so much easier doing it on kids though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)