• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Internships and work related to Finance (1 Viewer)

M

missare

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if any of you could give me tips on where I could go to get some work experience related to Finance and also what kind of jobs are available. I was originally thinking I'd just study Accounting (with Finance) and become an accountant, but I'm not really enjoying it (and also not doing well in it). I've only done one Finance course so far though, and I think Finance is quite broad (?), and am not really sure of what I'd like to do. I haven't been to the career adviser at uni yet, but I think I'll go in when uni resumes in a couple of weeks. Also, in regards to internships and vacation programs, should I still apply for those related to Accounting?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

johnys

HSC
N/A
If you can't handle accounting then you will probably struggle with most everything else 'finance'. Yes finance is incredibly broad, and it gets very deep. If your not enjoying accounting then don't waste your time, if you don't enjoy the theory then oh boy are you not going to enjoy the actual job, plus accounting is in the lovely band 3 for HECS debt.
If your doing finance then your probably a commerce student, have you looked at specializations like marketing etc. Maybe that's more your thing..

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol what you talking about?

Accounting was the most boring cr@p ever.

I enjoyed finance a lot more.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I found accounting in uni very boring/tedious compared to finance. I also had much better marks in finance and enjoyed it more (from a studying POV).

In practice though I actually enjoyed accounting so I ended up going down that path since whilst academically I wasn't that strong, I enjoyed my work/job and thought that was more important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)