"Interperatation of the NEW" PHYSICAL WTF?!?! (1 Viewer)

kranqualizer

HSC
YUCK!! never seen a physical journey questions like that .. never EVER!!!
its so different to the past papers (blah blah its the arrival not the destination and blah blah what have u learnt)

NOT INTERPERATION OF THE NEW!

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
I also went along the lines of new "understanding, emotion" but it was shithouse.

korrupt samurai

Sneaker Addict
HSC
God damit that was one fugly question, i wasted 5mins just reading it. but i decided it was something along the lines of change in characters, and yeah just supported ideas of obstacless in the texts, how it challanges them phy, ment and int and the power of journey to challange our thinking to show the change as they embark on the journey ;S change (thats lame).

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It was quite strange to read at first, but I just went with the flow. :D I basically reproduced my essay with some changes in the topic sentences & in the intro/conclusion and it worked alright in the end, as my essay was based on personal growth and greater understanding.

sarakolahdouzan

HSC
Fetus Baby said:
I believe I screwed up, could somone help. I disagreed.

My basic arguement was along the lines of: it's impossible that in journeys some thing is "more" than anything else. That journeys are purely subjective and that you can't expect anything, two people embarking on the same journey will interpret the journey differently. Then i also used this quote "Journey's, like artists, are born not made. A thousand circumstances contribute to them, few are willed, or determined by will -whatever we may think." Then i just talked abotu techniques and they're effects etc.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know whether i screwed up or not, just form that.
that sounds GOOD!

s2indie

HSC
It did take me a few reading of the question to even try to comprehend what it was asking. I hate how you read and you don't absorb.

Anyway, I already had a prepared essay, and one of my paragraphs already addressed the question. Which was good. All I had to do was to link my intro, other paras and conclusion to the question.

Hoping for 13+.

dral

HSC
haha, i just went off on a tangent somewhere around "It's not about the new it's about the old and how it interacts with the new perspectives". Which helped because at least 2/4 of the texts worked for it, Feliks Skrzynecki + Post Card and The Motorcycle Diaries(movie).

I completely moled over on how i was supposed to fit "The Road Not Taken" into that whole argument but whatever!

wondawoman

HSC
well i just looked at it all funny . i was like thinking "new ? new what ?"
so i left it to do second ..
then i just basically wrote about how it leads to NEW discoveries and arousing of NEW emotions . just basically about self discovery i think. =(

haha . so i guess GOOD GAME for me
i also kept mentioning the word interpreting and new to try reinforce my idea that i agreed on it . lol

good luck to the ones in like my boat ! <3

zedzed

HSC
at the start i tried to sound like a really smartass. i think i wrote something like "it is true that in many circumstances physical journeys are about the interpretation of the new as the journeys we have undertaken in our past shape who we are and furthermore our attitudes to new experiences and journeys" etc, etc. and them my argument just crumbled because i think i contradicted myself a million times. great.

screw journeys, bring on modules.

Blagendorf

HSC
i disagreed with it and said that the choices you make, what you come to accept and the knowledge you gain, not the "interpretation of the new", are the most important thing in a physical journey...

then i wrote a paragraph for each...

intro
para 1: acceptance - away
para 2: choices - Road not taken
para 3: knowledge gained - Lireal (by garth nix)
no conclusion... ran out of time...

not expecting to do really well... prob about 10ish

KrissiA

HSC
I agreed with the statement, saying that the way in which the individual interpreted their new circumstance (as a result of both the physical and emotional experiences of the journey) lead to an ultimate sense of self, and thus 'more than anything' their journey was defined by an 'interpretation of the new'.

Remembered all my quotes + techniques, so I'm happy, lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I sat on the fence a bit - not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but my related material simply didn't lend itself to agreeing with the statment whereas my prescribed text/stimulus text did, so I had to say that yes, physical journeys are often concerned with interpretation of new experiences and the uncertainties that are associated with the move into the unknown (both physically and on a mental/inner level), but that not all journeys offer such opportunities for interpreting new concepts, rather being focused on the obstacles and barriers (both physical and psychological) faced when undetaking a physical journey, and that sometimes despite a stated intention to explore the new, this promise is not always fulfilled.

something like that, anyway. it sounds a lot more concise and intelligent in summary than it actually did when i was rambling my way through the exam.

muzza999

HSC
I thought the question was alright, i panicked at first but then i disagreed with the question and said that journeys are an interpretation of the as well as past experiances that impact upon journeys. Then i just talked about CTRS and how the immigrants past impacts on the new and what not

fireice

HSC
wouldnt the interpretation of the new be like

how the journeyer or traveller has his or her initial views of the new 'destination'
experiences Obstacles and Challenges
and like when they overcome it
they have a changed interpretation of new - whether it be positive or negative

lol thats how i answered it i guess....kinda like how theres good and bad changes to the travellers as a result of the journey

JhK89

HSC
mm the way i did it was i said Physical Journeys are not about the interpretation of the new but the unpredictable and inevitable obstacles which await us in the journey.

carreau

HSC
ok I lied.. I really said that I interpreted the physical journey as one that involves rape if you're a brazilian farmer who can't meet the government's demands for fruit to supply the war effort against America in the year 2053.

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
oh2sxc said:
i love you i love you i love you i love you hahah

thats exactly what i did and kept referring to the question... hooray if you fucked it then i fucked it :) hehe
oi, dah we wun have fucked it......
think positive man.......
i think that mine would have worked... so yeah, coz if it is included in the thesis, and u keep bring it bak, and you aruge that the obstacles and challenges and stuff, and give them paragraphs with how they refer to the 'new' then it should be fine.

i am aiming for over 12 (got tat in trial) so why dun cha aim with me eh?:)

jackal8

HSC
obviously the safest way was to totally disagre TEH slap your essay in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)