• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Interracial relationships (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl. if you cant find a chinese though, why look outside the total ethnicity :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Asquithian said:
that's not POSITIVE/proactive discrimination...i dont decide to suddently not like someone because they are religious...i have gone out with girls who have strong religious beliefs...all of them seem concerned about themselves, upholding their 'values' out of fear of 'something' so they can get THEMSELVES into heaven...i know a few religious girls who are not like this but there aint that many of them...

ie if my parner happened to have religious belief i wouldnt go 'omg i cant be with you anymore...' more like lets talk about it OPENLY without shying away from the issues, logic and rationality ...

as for discrimination a strongly religious person probably would love god more than me (if in a relationship with me)...sad...thats not a decision based on positive outright discrimination but rather on the results of such a belief...

its even worst...in the example of sports girl...when she actually likes the person but THEN finds out he is of the unacceptable background or religion, thats positive discrimination based on RELIGION ALONE
ok i see what you're saying, you won't dump them because they're religious but you prefer they aren't, because of, what i see as bad experiences with other girls. i personally don't know anyone who is like the following:

"...i have gone out with girls who have strong religious beliefs...all of them seem concerned about themselves, upholding their 'values' out of fear of 'something' so they can get THEMSELVES into heaven..." or "as for discrimination a strongly religious person probably would love god more than me (if in a relationship with me)."

you either found the most religious people around, or they were from extremist religions / too it to the extreme or something. anyway now i understand where you're coming from in your debates, and i understand why i didn't understand you before - because what you see as religious (i.e. the above) is not what i see as religious.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hang on, i think going after the christianity isnt the right thing here, people may be self obsessive, but not all christianity nor are its teachings aimed specifically to accomodate nor encourage such a thing. ( well for the vast majority anyway, im still scared by hillsong cults )

If this was about christianity, then you'd be cutting quite a lot of people out.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
that appears to be more of the "hillsong" reborn and evangelistic type of sects. I know for one that my local church is nowhere near that, and preaches the communal and of the faith in god and ultimately everyone else.

but i see where you are coming from, just be careful to distinguish between all the christian sects, there are quite a lot of us, and we dont necessarily agree with each other :p

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
coroneos said:
hmm but dont u think if u are asian that ure relationship will be stronger and will last longer if u dont go for caucasians? im not being racist or anything...
Definitly not. I am the result of an Asian and Caucasian couple, who have been happily married for 22 years. As some one said, love is love not matter what colour you are.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Asquithian said:
depends who do you love more? God or people in the real world?

I see alot of the religious rehtoric as self obsessive and extremely individualist, in line with what we would call neo conservatism ...or neo christian...neo capitalist...

Where you can screw people and earn $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at the expence of others while still upholding the moral values of a day when capitalism and the dollar was not the most important thing ever

the example is ross Cameron...MP for Parramatta...neo conservative liberty, and strongly religious...was one of sydney's top litigation lawyers...now the offices of litigation lawyers are not places of joy, happiness and alturism...he makes $$$$$$$$$ and comes home as a man of god after tourturing people and destroying their livelyhood...

in otherwords the modern idea of christianity doesnt mind if you are greedy or self obsessed or consumerist valuing 'things' above everthing... even the mainstream religious groups at uni preach inward values rather than outward values...how you should act as an individual rather than how you should treat everyone else...THATS disturbing...

and why align yourself to this...?
as i said, you have a narrow view of religion, you have taken the extremists and blown them to be religion as a whole. i am not arguing this any further because it always goes around in circles but be prepared to realise the above is not what religion is about, it's simply what you personally think religion is about. end of argument.

so... interracial relationships...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Sickle said:
Definitly not. I am the result of an Asian and Caucasian couple, who have been happily married for 22 years. As some one said, love is love not matter what colour you are.
me three!

I am also gonna marry an Asian, love trancends race, colour, religion and all those other artificial boundaries

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My offer still stands.

Looking for Female. Heartbeat Optional.

Now if that isnt anti-discriminatory i dont know what is :D

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
oh, now there's an offer I can't refuse. donkey in shrek lol. *jumps up and down* me me me Asylum pick me

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Minai said:
I am also gonna marry an Asian, love trancends race, colour, religion and all those other artificial boundaries
I'll pass on marriage for now but i agree with the gist of what your saying :)

Im European and been going out with an asian girl for the past few years, tis all good.

The one thing that confused me is that despite being really smart, she didn't know the capital of NSW :rolleyes:.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
me three!

isnt that being racist by automatically discounting caucasion, african, etc?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Note that he is in a relationship, and thus him saying that he was going to marry someone else may be slightly bad for that relationships thinking ? :)

meshy

Minai said:
me three!

lol best contradiction ever - that's going in the signature.

Love transcends race colour etc.
I'm gonna marry an asian.

Generator

HSC
N/A
meshy said:

Seeing as though Asylum was ignored (hehe what's new? :p)... Minai is currently in a long-term relationship.

I know more about the relationship of a stranger on BOS than that of one of my mates. What a world.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha yeah i know aye gen :p

*sigh*
see i actually make sense SOMETIMES :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
meshy said:

lol, you're an idiot

I'm in a long term with an Asian, as Asy and Generator said
My point was, I'm a mix, and shes an asian - we're in love, meaning love trancends race, colour, religion etc

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Political correctness can take a a grenade and shove it where the sun dont shine.

Love/relationships, i hope, will never be ruled by a public opinion, or a generalisation. This is a personal choice.

Allira

no they are so not wrong

i am italian Catholic n i have been with my bf for almost 7 months he is lebanese muslim! our relationship is mad i love it! because we learn about each other n our different cultures! it is hard because his dad doesnt like me because im not muslim but his mum does! but if u are in a relationship like iam in i have to understand that its jus how it goes!

so no i dont think its wrong n i think it should happen more ofetn! n i think ppl have to realise that all muslims are not bad!! LOVE U BABY MWA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)