Interstate and International Admissions - updated (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
kimmeh said:
I hope you realise there is now a penalty imposed in asking for rep......
That's not rep begging, that was a fair comment after being praised for a good post.

If it were another post though... ;)

As for AMSA con...what's this about crashing events? How do we do that?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Yeh Kimmeh take yo vet pride to the vet forums...

Hah nar just kidding you're cool :D
As Robert elaborated I wasnt rep begging, it's not like I go around spreading it everywhere.
Plus, positive rep should be given where it's due, right?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Lexicographer said:
That's not rep begging, that was a fair comment after being praised for a good post.
People will rep at their own will-that is accepted. But by instructing someone to do so is evidently rep begging-especially if you're telling them how to </takes off nazimod hat>
inasero said:
Yeh Kimmeh take yo vet pride to the vet forums...

Hah nar just kidding you're cool :D
As Robert elaborated I wasnt rep begging, it's not like I go around spreading it everywhere.
Plus, positive rep should be given where it's due, right?
What is with the "yo vet pride" lol... makes me want to vomit.
ahaha yes, but as ^ :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
rockstar01 said:
Do all med students go on about such trivial matters
Precisely which matters are you calling trivial? The rep discussion wasn't about medness so much as three mods. :p

i_am_who

HSC
hi guys
im a melb uni 2nd yr meddie and i come from adelaide
i live in college in mebourne so ask me melb uni q's!

Zali

HSC
what UAI is needed for melbourne? 4 adelaide it says top 10% which im gessing is 90 or above. I live in NSW n im rural so i only 90 4 unsw n 90.8 for newcastle. I am applying everywhere.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Private Message said:
Hi

I'm thinking of applying to all medical schools and WA is one of them. Did you apply through TISC? What happens next because in sydney we don't get it until august

Thankyou
Yes, this is correct. You apply through TISC but also directly to the university by filling out their application form. Click on the UWA logo in my signature to reach the faculty website.

Rust

HSC
I live in Melbourne and think of applying for the University of Melbourne and Monash Univeristy but I also have my eye out for UTAS, UWA, UNSW, University of Newcastle and University of Adelaide.

I've browsed all of their sites for the last few hours but I was wondering, if you are offered an interview in another state, do you need to travel there? If you do, do you need to pay the expense yourself? They don't seem to explain the procedure in detail... :|

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
unless ure an international then u may get a phone interview...

but i figured since melbourne is within the borders of this nation .. yes u pay... heres a tip.. get a job.. find $1500 that u were saving for schoolies.. and blow it big.. :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha yeah us three all came from Sydney (STILL DO) and spent several thousand between us going to interviews. It's not a cheap venture, and it's even more bitter if you don't get a place, but nobody says it isn't worth the prize. :)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
damn fuel levy! Recently I got a red-spot special fare- return flight from Melbourne to Sydney. Cost me $150!

Put that in your list of 'cons' kiddies- living away from home is likely to incur you massive travel costs- even more so for Lexicographer (Perth) and Pointdexter (Adelaide).

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ummm about $1000 a yr for me.. give or take a few dollars..

i wonder if it makes a difference.. i spend $1.80- $2.20 a day to get to uni.. for 5 days..
in syd i spend $7.50..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
inasero said:
damn fuel levy! Recently I got a red-spot special fare- return flight from Melbourne to Sydney. Cost me $150!

Put that in your list of 'cons' kiddies- living away from home is likely to incur you massive travel costs- even more so for Lexicographer (Perth) and Pointdexter (Adelaide).
F--k yeah, I spend around $200 on every flight. I should join the frequent flyer club, I'd get at least two free trips in my course.

Still, it's cheaper than what I'd spend on cityrail...I think.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)