interview at kings (1 Viewer)

HSC
Got an interview at Kings swimming centre on tues. What should I bring? Should I bring portfolio of awards and birth certificate too? Do you have to even bring birth certificate?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
brith certificate? for what? matey you will have to start using that thing inside your head you called brain, or you won't get a job at all.

technically, you don't need to bring anything other than your self confidence. unless of course, they've specifically asked for it, like your tfn and bank details.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
they should tell you what docs you need to bring!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
wuddie said:
brith certificate? for what? matey you will have to start using that thing inside your head you called brain, or you won't get a job at all.

technically, you don't need to bring anything other than your self confidence. unless of course, they've specifically asked for it, like your tfn and bank details.
Not exactly helpful attitude a mod should take, especially given this is one of the forums they are modding. She is probably asking in anticipation that she got the job so they would have her details/ID and such. I don't see any harm in taking your birth certificate

i-love-maynard, I just bring your resume and have listed in that all your major awards and achievements with something saying "copies can be provide on request".

Good luck at the interview. :)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Lizakith said:
problem with my criticism?

and pritnep, maybe i was a bit harsh - but who in the world takes a birth certificate to an interview?

apologies if any offence was taken. the message intended is that if you got to be quick and smart in an interview, because it is the one chance you got to show you've got what it takes for the job.

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
I've attended 4 interviews, two of which I was required to take my birth certificate to. It's called Identity checking, wuddie. (Birth Certificate + Photo ID on school card etc) I had to show both Birth Certificate and my licence - because of course, photo id can be fake.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
if you insist, fair enough. but who is to say the birth certificate is not fake? out of curiousity, who did you work for that asked for it?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well judging by her HSC year this is probably one of her first interviews if not the first for a job so of course she will be nerves and want to get things right.

As mentioned it is not unheard of when employers choose to employee you for them to request to have a copy/see your birth certificate and extra ID. Some people do get hired at their first interview so I don't see it being to far out there.

To be honest all they can really do is request 2 or 3 forms of ID and take your word for it, that's all other agencies banks etc can do as well.

jirwin

HSC
@ Wuddie.
Coles Myer and Target (wasn't hired by either) but we did have to provided identification.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
ahahahah, wuddie, how desperate were the admins when they made you mod?

HSC
Thanks, guys. Very helpful! And to the "mod", I have been asked to bring birth certificate to an interview before, but it was not requested for this one so wasn't sure. Wish me luck guys! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)