Into the world???? (1 Viewer)

CJS101

HSC
Hey for into the world, the self selected text is Educating Rita, but can anyone think of any other related text as I've only got the movie unbreakable

I'll be grateful for any help

Tiffsmit

HSC
Yes you can use poem called "The Door" as a related text

'The Door' by Miroslav Holub

Go and open the door
Maybe outside there's
a tree, or a wood,
a garden,
or a magic city.

Go and open the door.
Maybe a dog's rummaging
Maybe you'll see a face,
or an eye,
or the picture of a picture

Go and open the door.
If there's a fog
it will clear.

Go and open the door.
Even if there's only
the darkness ticking,
even if there's only
the hollow wind,
even if
nothing
is
there,
go and open the door.

At least
there'll be
a draught.

This poem links with Rita and the idea of 'Into the World'. Just as the door of Frank's office is a powerful symbol of Rita's entrance into the world of higher learning, so in this poem the composer uses an ordinary object as an image. Throughout the poem, the door is a metaphor of difficulties and opportunities.

Hope this helps.

Tiff

CJS101

HSC
thank you so much Tiff yes it does help but I just wondering is that enough info on it, well it doesn't matter I'll just find more stuff

thanks for the help

Tiffsmit

HSC
It's enough info. I just used it in my oral presentation and got 44 out of 50 for it. I've got some more info for you.

The poet uses the imperative from of the verbs 'Go and open' to encourage the responder. "Go" suggests the need for action and initiative, a forward movement through problems and chances to find a new world on the other side (like Rita). Propel yourself forward, he says, as Rita did. "Open" reinforces the metaphor - grasp each opportunity and deal with every difficulty (just like Rita does).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)