Intolerable Cruelty (1 Viewer)

dizzyingheights

So has anyone seen it? I thought it was excellent!! Very witty dialogue and Catherine Zeta-Jones looks fantastic as always.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
it was okay
i didn't understand the love speech though, it was so cliched but it was meant to be..?
well acted, but a disconcertingly mundane plot..

dizzyingheights

I think the movie was based on the concept of oveturning the credibility of law and justice as it shows how the guilty party in a marriage can be portrayed as innocent through the creativity of lawyers. However, they in turn get caught up in the web of deceit they created.

The double entendre's and witty repartee is what drives the plot and to me the movie was anything but mundane because the plot became more complicated as it thickened towards the end.

I agree they probably did run dry with ideas over how to end... so conventionally, as a "rom-com" it was best to pair Zeta-Jones and Clooney together. But I doubt the ending intended to have as great an impact as the body of the film itself.

Just my thoughts :p

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Looks amusing, but i'll probably wait till it comes out on DVD.

s2ophie

HSC
Is aw it and i agree with dizzyingheights that the emding let it down a lot. It was the sort of movie which built itelf up a lot but it just didn't quite get there in the end. However I sooooo didn't pick the twist. I was looking for it but didn't know where it would come from. Very clever!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I think it was well-acted and the dialogues were witty and sharp but the plot itself wasn't too impressive

1 more

fructis
HSC
I thought the ending worked, given that its conventionality was tinged with doubt on my part. I didn't trust either of them enough to submit to the conclusion the story offered.
I thought the whole pace and humour of the film was great, and George Clooney reminded me of Sean Micallef. :D

monopoly19

HSC
I thought it was boring and drawn out. I found myself just hoping that it would end already.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by 1 more
I thought the ending worked, given that its conventionality was tinged with doubt on my part. I didn't trust either of them enough to submit to the conclusion the story offered.
I thought the whole pace and humour of the film was great, and George Clooney reminded me of Sean Micallef. :D
if you've watched many Canto movies. the ending and storyline come in no surprise

ftist

that was the shittest movie i hav eva seen! the add looked realli good but wen i saw it...wtf? SO BAD!

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
LOL well, maybe I'm lucky then 'cosI liked it AND I only payed 8 bucks at Village @ Parra Westfields lol

even though the cinema is much smaller... it was practically empty so it felt like my personal home entertainment centre :D

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i loved it... very very clever. the coen brothers strike again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)