Investment Banking (2 Viewers)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Thoughts on Proprietary Trading anyone?
IB prop is alright though I would say smaller prop trading firms (market makers etc) have more short term $$$ potential (not really sure about long term tbh).

si2136

HSC
N/A
IB prop is alright though I would say smaller prop trading firms (market makers etc) have more short term $$$ potential (not really sure about long term tbh).
A huge failure rate though. How is it compared to IB? Heard it's paid well but it's definitely WAY riskier, involving debt.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
A huge failure rate though. How is it compared to IB? Heard it's paid well but it's definitely WAY riskier, involving debt.
You confuse me greatly- sometimes you come across as being very well informed on business-related topics but then sometimes... less so.

I have two possibly (but equally questionable) interpretations.
i) Debt as in debt instruments/securities... which I guess some could consider to be riskier if it means you need to do more things? (really scratching my head here)
ii) Debt as in personal debt/skin in the game.

If it's the latter, maybe because I'm not in that circle but as far as I know if you're just an employee then you don't have personal liability (unless you choose to do some trading on the side?). Not aware of any employers which make you pay for your losses (well, not counting fraud/etc).

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
You confuse me greatly- sometimes you come across as being very well informed on business-related topics but then sometimes... less so.

I have two possibly (but equally questionable) interpretations.
i) Debt as in debt instruments/securities... which I guess some could consider to be riskier if it means you need to do more things? (really scratching my head here)
ii) Debt as in personal debt/skin in the game.

If it's the latter, maybe because I'm not in that circle but as far as I know if you're just an employee then you don't have personal liability (unless you choose to do some trading on the side?). Not aware of any employers which make you pay for your losses (well, not counting fraud/etc).
Can confirm no personal liability at 2 market maker firms in Sydney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)