invitation to unsw (2 Viewers)

NT-social

HSC
is anyone going to that invite with ur parent(s) to unsw ???
anyone know what that's about?

plus: are we meant to give em any of our details...i only emailed them that im going and thatas about it

gman03

HSC
what is this invitation for? care to give more detail? thanxxx

NT-social

HSC
they sent an invitaiton out for new students and their parents to come on the 20th of feb. some sort of presentation is meant to be taking place

anyone been to one before?

gman03

HSC
Sounds like the one from the Vice Chancellor

specialjenny

HSC
I went last year with my parents. (didn't give them any details what so ever as far as I can remember)

It was just talks from vice chancellor... may I add a long and boring talk? And then you get to go on a short tour around UNSW with everyone else. :)

It's good if your parents/family are interested to see what UNSW is like and haven't been there. If they have already seen the campus/know what uni is about... I wouldn't bother (especially if you aren't close to the campus).

Alimoe_KG

HSC
My parents are coming. But they'll be taking the tour themselves because i can't be bothered tagging along :p

NT-social

HSC
so i guess they won't mind if you just popped in without notice...;)

NT-social

HSC
right? or do they have a fully organised "nope, ur not on the list" type of thing ?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yeah same, I got that one as well. Several of my friends said it wasn't very informative, it's almost as informative as your Primary school to high school info evening...

Though it's good I suppose to see some of the lecturers there, and enjoy the night lights of UNSW, but other than that, the orienteering day during O-week + self-orienteering should suffice, seeing how at night time it's harder to remember where the buildings are.

NT-social

HSC
but could we just join in without responding to them...u know like if we feel like going just show up on the night
???
or will they kill us

Vylen

HSC
i quote:
"Tel: (02) 0385 2355 or email rsvp@unsw.edu.au by Wednesday 15 February 2006 and please specify if you will be attending the campus tour starting at 5:30pm, or the additional tour which will commence at 7:30pm."

if you recieved that invite by mail, you should've read that part of the invite as well, plus it seems too late now! heh

NT-social

HSC
yea i did but were we meant to give em any details...i replied to them within the deadline but i didnt get any replies or anything....i didnt even give them my name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)