ipad 4 or ipad mini for note taking at university??? (1 Viewer)

Kingportable

HSC
How are you suppose to get a lot of things down fast on a touch screen? To prove my point get a book right now and try to copy down a chapter in 20 minutes.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
erhh just got a mini today to read afr on train. hope it's worth it!!!

izzy88

HSC
ipad 4 or ipad mini for note taking at university???
If you are going to get an ipad, I'd get a keyboard case to go with it. Logitech/belkin make them for both ipad and ipad mini.

I see a couple of people using this combination in class, it seems to be getting more popular. Although at the moment at least in my classes macbook air's/13" macbook pros are probably the most popular - and pen and paper is pretty much non-existent (say 1 or 2 people in a class of 60) :p at least in law at my uni.

But it really depends on your subjects and the way you work as to what is best for you. I used pen/paper in my arts courses because I didn't need to get down everything the lecturer said (more themes etc), whereas for law I just try to get down as much as possible, and I find typing quicker (and easier to read later).

Kostie100

HSC
If you are going to get an ipad, I'd get a keyboard case to go with it. Logitech/belkin make them for both ipad and ipad mini.

I see a couple of people using this combination in class, it seems to be getting more popular. Although at the moment at least in my classes macbook air's/13" macbook pros are probably the most popular - and pen and paper is pretty much non-existent (say 1 or 2 people in a class of 60) :p at least in law at my uni.

But it really depends on your subjects and the way you work as to what is best for you. I used pen/paper in my arts courses because I didn't need to get down everything the lecturer said (more themes etc), whereas for law I just try to get down as much as possible, and I find typing quicker (and easier to read later).
I second this idea and I will probs do the same for uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)