iPhone connectivity (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Just thought i'd post this up in here, regarding connecting iPhone's to the university network. I orignally said that we couldn't do it, although it appears that now we can. Have been given this to give out to students.

The uni doesn't offer support as such, so they can't help. But they have given instructions on how to establish a connection, so figure that one out.

Anyway, here it is:

http://www.newcastle.edu.au/unit/it/wireless/iPhone_wireless_network.pdf

Wireless network coverage:

http://www.newcastle.edu.au/unit/it/wireless/callaghan_wireless.pdf

Have a swell day.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Not.

Edit: Ha, those pics are actually kinda cute. Matt, show us your iphone (don't you have an itouch too?). Friggin hate Safari/Mac programs though, blergh.

Last edited:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i dont have an iphone, just the ipod touch, but the OS is the same so yeah.

PS: i love you chris :shy:

EDIT: i've done all of that stuff before, so obviously it's less that i was missing a setting and more that the uni has updated cisco clean access so that it'd support iphoneOS (as it says it does on the cisco website)

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
I have an iPhone.

EDIT: Not really.

EDIT2: Kind of want one though. Buy from Optus outright and change to 3 Hutchinson.

HSC
3 coverage in the newcastle area is pretty dismal though.
we changed to virgin just last week so i got a slim little nokia that doesnt do anything fancy but compensates for the lack of phone functions in my ipod, which really doesnt need to be replaced at the moment.

it was just too expensive for me to justify. was almost a year's car insurance and i need that more than a phone.

em_516 said:
My bad. Thought you did.
Still wanna see :p
see what? the ipod? i was at uni today i couldve shown u.

blue_chameleon

HSC
The_highwayman said:
3 coverage in the newcastle area is pretty dismal though.
we changed to virgin just last week so i got a slim little nokia that doesnt do anything fancy but compensates for the lack of phone functions in my ipod, which really doesnt need to be replaced at the moment.

it was just too expensive for me to justify. was almost a year's car insurance and i need that more than a phone.

Yeah, 3 lite is pretty poor, I agree. I'm with 3 at the moment. I was more considering extending to another 24 months on 3 and getting an iPhone for when I head to Syd/Melb next year. Haven't thought about it a great deal I guess. Mainly because like you, I don't realistically see myself being able to justify spending that much money on a phone, when I have an iPod.

I like the idea of the iPhone. Just would rather spend that money on my car.

I wonder if Alan's going with his apple products? Haven't seen him on for a while, thank fuck.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Oh.my.god. I was at uni today and I said I was up for meets at uni today in the other thread damn it. James met me, gave him the $2 but no sex in the toilet, pft.

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Oh.my.god. I was at uni today and I said I was up for meets at uni today in the other thread damn it. James met me, gave him the $2 but no sex in the toilet, pft.
Was not at uni today. Was at work. :(

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha woops, really set you guys off there. I didn't mean it was supposed to be a meet..but I said I was gonna be at uni today and if others were gonna be there, come say hi *cough*Mattyoucould've*cough*. Doesn't matter.

Edit: Was in the aic of course :p
First on couches, then CT for like 20mins then the lab in the aic.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I talked to Emily. I got her internet working and she gave me Robot Chicken.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
All the cool kids are doing it ;) (Tis a tv show :))

James: You got my internet working and then you went away and it DIEDDDD. I hate you.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
James: You got my internet working and then you went away and it DIEDDDD. I hate you.
I work in mysterious ways.

HSC
Well this is just tops.

I got to uni and finally had a chance to try my ipod on the internet at uni.
So i thought, to be on the safe side, i'd follow the instructions posted in this thread.
I am able to successfully complete up to the end of step 9. but step 10 never eventuates. No proxy login pops up so i cant complete THE FINAL step!

and i cant ask one of the guys behind the desk because officially they cant help me.
Oh uni, you are a demonic mistress!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
This is the new technology thread because I feel like it.
Ok so, is anyone else having issues with studentmail recently? Clicking on emails or back to inbox or whatever other random click I make on studentmail tends to send me back to the login page. And just then it was ridiculous. I clicked login on the login page and it would take me to the login page, over and over :| It's getting hard to check emails lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)