iPhone connectivity (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ah k weird. Well I use mozilla. Haven't tried in IE, loler.

HSC
Highwayman is getting an iphone worth it?

I've never had a decent phone in my life and I like the idea of combining the phone + mp3 player.

The price and apple software scares me though. Is it worth the $700 or am I better off waiting till prices drop?

Plus how reliable are they? I jog with my mp3 players and they usually screw up after a year (they're always go-lo ones though).

em_516

bludging..
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
(they're always go-lo ones though)
Thaaaat'll be your problem. Also, mp3 players have HDs in them. HDs are not meant to bounce around, they're kinda sensitive. The more GBs your mp3 player can hold, the more sensitive it'll be. That said, you probably should be able to jog with an mp3 player over a few years. You should consider upgrading from go-lo. I'm finding my ipod pretty ok so far so an Apple product in general is probably ok, maybe.

Also, Matt doesn't have an iphone (I thought he did too, lol). He has an itouch. Coz he likes touching things.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
new ipods being announced on september 9.
if ur looking to update both ur phone and ur mp3 player then i think it's worth considering, but it's too much money in my mind if u only need to upgrade one or the other.

plus, other companies offer music phones, not just apple. It's just that the iphone does it with a certain style.

I didnt get an iphone because my ipod touch was only about 8 months old and still fully functional. It had pretty much everything the iphone offered except GPS (has google maps still) and phone functionality (obviously)
My ipod touch is great tho and if money was no object i'd buy an iphone asap.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
My dad was talking about the iphone tonight coz a woman he works with has one but apparently the GPS aspect is pretty limited. Pretty much the equivalent of google maps anyway really.

HSC
em_516 said:
Thaaaat'll be your problem. Also, mp3 players have HDs in them. HDs are not meant to bounce around, they're kinda sensitive. The more GBs your mp3 player can hold, the more sensitive it'll be. That said, you probably should be able to jog with an mp3 player over a few years. You should consider upgrading from go-lo. I'm finding my ipod pretty ok so far so an Apple product in general is probably ok, maybe.

Also, Matt doesn't have an iphone (I thought he did too, lol). He has an itouch. Coz he likes touching things.
Damn, I really want something I can show off without having to worry about it fucking up if I go for a run.

I also hate having to carry multiple items with me, it sucks having the phone + glasses + wallet + keys + mp3 player + few train times on a scrap piece of paper every time I go exploring.

HSC
The_highwayman said:
new ipods being announced on september 9.
if ur looking to update both ur phone and ur mp3 player then i think it's worth considering, but it's too much money in my mind if u only need to upgrade one or the other.

plus, other companies offer music phones, not just apple. It's just that the iphone does it with a certain style.

I didnt get an iphone because my ipod touch was only about 8 months old and still fully functional. It had pretty much everything the iphone offered except GPS (has google maps still) and phone functionality (obviously)
My ipod touch is great tho and if money was no object i'd buy an iphone asap.
They look shit nicer though, the others look like blocks of dog turd and are confusing to use.

HSC
the appeal is dimished slightly though because every man and his dog has one, it seems.
u dont buy apple products unless u have some slight desire to flash a status symbol. If everyone has one, then the effect of the symbol is lessened.

EDIT: the ipod touch and nanos dont have HDDs in them but SSDs iirc.
I quite like the look of the HTC touch diamond, but i'd probably still get an iphone before i got the HTC because of the app store.

HSC
The_highwayman said:
u dont buy apple products unless u have some slight desire to flash a status symbol. If everyone has one, then the effect of the symbol is lessened.
I'm trying to make up for a small penis.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
SSDs - are they those lil card thingies, that some cameras and phones have? Mine's a nano and it doesn't have that, I'm pretty sure it's a HD.

Edit: I am anti-Apple and don't give a fuck about the 'coolness' of ipods, but shitdamn, I finally gave in because it actually is pretty nifty. I've had a Sony mp3 player for a while now and even though it's huge, it's so shit in comparison.

HSC
nah, those are SD's.
SSD stands for "solid state drive" and are basically what's inside USB thumb drive and the like.
they're more stable than tradtional hard drives (like available in the current ipod classic) because they have no moving parts so supposedly dont get any damage as a result of sudden movements. However, since the technology is relatively young they are usually lower capacity hence the maximum 16GB capacity.
Both get more expensive as you increase the capacity. SSDs moreso.

EDIT: ur nano would have an SSD, although a small one like a thumbdrive.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Oh ok, I have no idea then. I just assumed ipods had HDs. My Sony one certainly does. Fucking BEAST.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I thought about buying an iPhone, but then realised that you wont get more calls by having a cool phone. </emo>

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh because biomed really sets you up for big-picture thinking :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)