iPirates face jail time in customs frisk (1 Viewer)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I just look for open source alternatives.
Too bad there's no good open source alternative for Photoshop (no, I do NOT want to hear about how great the GIMP is). The copy that I have now is one that was rescued from my old laptop right before the hard drive broke. By the way, if I took the program files from that old hard drive (where that copy of Photoshop was legit) and put them onto my new laptop, is that legal?

As for pirated stuff, I remember reading somewhere that ISP's keep a record of all their customer's download histories, and that police can access them with a warrant or something like that. But I could be wrong, so could someone confirm that?.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Do you know how trivial it would be to find out where you live?

Pretty trivial. You have a very unique name.
Oh.... Diana is common enough,
Well , u cant possibly know my last name , I am not reistered anywhere public with my name either :)
I really hope you are wrong and i am pretty sure you are...

inasero

Reborn
HSC
tsup guys

schroedinger owes me a box of ice cream this time next year!

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Exphate said:
This is true.
It's only illegal if you distrubute the contents or something like that. If you rip it to put it on your (own) iPod or to make a backup copy, then I'm sure that's legal but the Copyright Amendment Act 2006 isn't too clear on it, though (like most other legislation).

Evilo

HSC
squeenie said:
It's only illegal if you distrubute the contents or something like that. If you rip it to put it on your (own) iPod or to make a backup copy, then I'm sure that's legal but the Copyright Amendment Act 2006 isn't too clear on it, though (like most other legislation).

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I love the name Catriona... :)
Yeah well i got lots of brothers and so lots of baseball bats...but i still wouldnt risk it.
I am Diana Diana Diana , one of a kind , one and only Goddess of...hunting...or the moon... or.... whatever :)
Tis all anyone ever need know...
Oh come on! You don't need brothers or baseball bats! You just need to kick them right where it hurts!

Evilo

HSC
squeenie said:
Apparently some people make backup copies of their music... I don't see the point in it, though...
im pretty sure thats the 'legal loophole' - hence the bold

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Evilo said:
im pretty sure thats the 'legal loophole' - hence the bold
Oh I see what you meant.

"But officer! It's just backup copies of my music collection!!"
"Yeah, tell it to the judge"

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
Oh come on! You don't need brothers or baseball bats! You just need to kick them right where it hurts!
Lol...well im very good at that :)
Scratch out eyeballs , bite off nose...can do that too i guess.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Exphate said:
My bad. Although, this isn't completely true either.

Source

Most CDs these days have copyright protection (easily broken when you are ripping) and thus this is deemed copyright infringement.

Dunno where I stand on copyright. I mean, yeah artists need to make money etc...but record companies (and stores) inflate prices a rediculous amount. I can buy 2-3 cds from a local record company, for the price of one CD at sanity, or say, an NIN album (well...pre-Reznor "let's give this shit away" faze)
Yeah, a lot of the albums I own claim to be 'copyright protected'. And then that 'copyright protection' gets pwned when I rip the CD to my laptop.:D

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Lol...well im very good at that :)
Scratch out eyeballs , bite off nose...can do that too i guess.
Dropkicks, uppercuts, the usual. I learnt self-defence for a while back in year 9. Oh the fun I had...

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
Dropkicks, uppercuts, the usual. I learnt self-defence for a while back in year 9. Oh the fun I had...
My friend tried to teach me but he was laughing too hard :(
:) My frame is kind of..delicate...and im kind of a bit optimistic ,lol

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
*TRUE* said:
My friend tried to teach me but he was laughing too hard :(
:) My frame is kind of..delicate...and im kind of a bit optimistic ,lol
When most people look at me, they think I'm the wimpiest kid around. But they don't know that all I need is a textbook to become a weapon of mass destruction.:hammer:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
Too bad there's no good open source alternative for Photoshop (no, I do NOT want to hear about how great the GIMP is). The copy that I have now is one that was rescued from my old laptop right before the hard drive broke. By the way, if I took the program files from that old hard drive (where that copy of Photoshop was legit) and put them onto my new laptop, is that legal?

As for pirated stuff, I remember reading somewhere that ISP's keep a record of all their customer's download histories, and that police can access them with a warrant or something like that. But I could be wrong, so could someone confirm that?.
I am pretty sure that would be invasion of privacy

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
Yeah, a lot of the albums I own claim to be 'copyright protected'. And then that 'copyright protection' gets pwned when I rip the CD to my laptop.:D
that is if you try and burn the CD ussually.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I am pretty sure that would be invasion of privacy
Yeah, it would be. I have some friends who work for the police, I'll ask them about it next time I see them...

I've heard about people getting caught using bittorrent, too... Does anyone know anything about that?

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
that is if you try and burn the CD ussually.
Actually, I tried that, just to see what would happen, and it worked... But yeah, most of the time music with copyright protection would stop you from burning it onto a CD. You can check if a song has copyright protection by checking the file info on Windows Media Player or Winamp.

I know there are some DVD's that have copyright protection that actually works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)