• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

IPT HSC MAJOR WORK Documentation (1 Viewer)

trishbish

HSC
im doing a website for my major work and i need some help for the documentation part of it. if anyone can send me their past doucmentations it would really helpful! even if its a database or magazine, but a website one would be great.
my emails almost_perfect_gal@hotmail.com

Last edited:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
yeah it seems weird to do a major work for IPT i did not know anyschool did them

reggie7

You'll Never Walk Alone
HSC
yeah it seems weird to do a major work for IPT i did not know anyschool did them
How so?

In IPT All the core topics incorporate Project Management, Information Systems and Databases and Communication systems. It only seems normal to me that schools would implement a Major Work for their students as they will learn valuable skills and concepts related to the syllabus.

Also take note of the 'Project Management' topic which is based around individual and team based project development. In my major assignment we are to focus heavily on this topic. For example the criteria of the assignment requires us to represent a system diagramatically, identify information technology, evaluate social and ethical issues, develop a prototype of a system, use project management tools to develop our project and so on...

In my opinion you're missing out as having a major work for IPT allows me to get my head around several syllabus points in different topics of the coarse.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Our teacher treated IPT mainly as a theoretical subject.
After dishing out loads of theory, he supplements our learning with random case studies.
The theory was annoying as it was simply rote learning but solving problems with case studies was when the real fun began.
Was enough in my opinion.
Easy Band 6.
No need for major work other than a few assignments (15 to 20% of the course) now and then.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
After dishing out loads of theory, he supplements our learning with random case studies.
The theory was annoying as it was simply rote learning but solving problems with case studies was when the real fun began.
Easy Band 6.
No need for major work other than a few assignments (15 to 20% of the course) now and then.
yeah we just had assignments occasionally, i got a band 5 with not much study, now i am getting HD's In uni :) and am going to teach IPT

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Easy Band 6.
Well now there is a need for Project work
the IPT syllabus has changed since you did your HSC uncle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)