IPT Scaling (1 Viewer)

DarkPrince_87

HSC
IPT one of my best subjects, although my marks are rather poor in class my teacher keeps saying that im a band 5 student, my marks are generally around the 70's and i think he doesnt know what he is talking about, does anyone know what the band cut-offs were last yr for IPT? Is there even a way to find out?

rama_v

HSC
I think a mark in the mid 80s would be good enough for a band six, but its anyones guess what it would be like this year

HSC
What Trial did you do...

A 76-79 in the Independent trial should suffice for band 6.
A 80-85 in the CSSA trial would be about the same.

I don't think any raw marks were released last year for IPT, just do your best.

DarkPrince_87

HSC
ok well in that case i should get a band 5 for sure if i definately study heaps and a possible band six depends how the other 5887 students do i guess, one of which is my girlfriend and shes about the same so that leaves 5886 and out of the other 9 ppl in my class besides us 2 theres only one more who gets withing 10% of us....so theres 5877 students gone.....this process of elimination might take a while....lol so i guess i should just shut up and study

H.S.What?

HSC
yea IPT is fucked, lol. I think ive been getting 60s and 70s in my exams so far and im coming 2nd in the grade (one class with 14 people), i still think ill get drilled in IPT HSC exams but hey. stupidest subject ever, u dont get anything out of it, except knowing what a parity bit is, and cyclic redundancy checking lol

7th Sign

HSC
I got 84% in the inderpendant trial, So hopefull I can get a band 6 in the hsc, I really need one I will be very angry if i dont get one.

If you have a high internal rank like 1st and you score above average in ipt you will not scale down. If you score average or below you can be scaled down up to 5% which is a bit.

Just study all points and do your best.

7th Sign

HSC
DarkPrince_87 said:
ok well in that case i should get a band 5 for sure if i definately study heaps and a possible band six depends how the other 5887 students do i guess, one of which is my girlfriend and shes about the same so that leaves 5886 and out of the other 9 ppl in my class besides us 2 theres only one more who gets withing 10% of us....so theres 5877 students gone.....this process of elimination might take a while....lol so i guess i should just shut up and study

mate take about 8 people out of my class who scored above 80% internal mark

the other 10 people ranged from 50-80%

My internal mark was 94% which is pretty shit compared to other people in the state.

Alot of people will do well in the ipt exam so it is a must to score well more then 65% or you will fall average and scale down.

sumkid

Goldmember
HSC
I got 70 in da independent trialz i shoulda went bettr. So IPT scales u up if u get over a certain point i didnt know dat. I'm aimin bnd 5/6
if i cme 7/51 wif ova 80% overall mark would i get scaled up or sumtin
damn i just shulda cum 4th but my teacr made up sum bullcrap i mean i came 4th overall in da half-yearly & da trialz is the only other assesment task after & i came 4th in it & sumhow i droppd dwn 2 7th dmn Bureaucracy

Last edited:

DarkPrince_87

HSC
we had an idependant test highest mark was only like 70, our teacher sed this was really good because this test wasnt easy at all, after i done the questions i noticed some were from previous years but some questions he had gotten from a uni proffessors website...hes expecting like 2 of us to get band 5....im expecting like 75% in the actual test tho so i hope thats good enough and hopefully get scaled up or what ever happens.

DarkPrince_87

HSC
band 4 is what im aiming for...sydney ppl will all get the high bands...mi from Young a very small country hole, i have a knack for computers and do courses at TAFE so im xpecting a damn good band i hope

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
Jst dont worry if all else fails make up bullshit!! hahaha works for me... i did the 2005 independant paper.... all i did was flick through the textbook read a few facts.. bout 3 hrs worth of study night before.. went into the exam bullshitted my ass off!! and i got an 80 came 2nd by 2marks.. it was quite suprising.. i remember for one of the questions .. about communications i didnt know jack i wrote crap managed to get full marks ... ipt is mainly bout skills that u get from ur project work.. its not really one of those subjects where u can study so much

Pace_T

HSC
Juju15 said:
Jst dont worry if all else fails make up bullshit!! hahaha works for me... i did the 2005 independant paper.... all i did was flick through the textbook read a few facts.. bout 3 hrs worth of study night before.. went into the exam bullshitted my ass off!! and i got an 80 came 2nd by 2marks.. it was quite suprising.. i remember for one of the questions .. about communications i didnt know jack i wrote crap managed to get full marks ... ipt is mainly bout skills that u get from ur project work.. its not really one of those subjects where u can study so much
haha same i did like last minute study for the 2005 independent paper
i actually had 1 week in my 2 week trial period to just study for ipt but i left it all till the night before and got 80% in that exam
haha
ive noticed that bullshitting can help a lot (especially if u r really interested in computers) coz u can just write technical shit and u can get full marks lol!!

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
i dont think it does get scaled much... they consider it an "easy" subject... but ur right it shuld get scaled up...

香港!

HSC
IPT does not scale up, it actually scales down according to past data, but the MARKS, like most (or all) other subjects get aligned up.

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
香港! said:
IPT does not scale up, it actually scales down according to past data, but the MARKS, like most (or all) other subjects get aligned up.
Yeah people confuse the two a lot. I've heard that what you say is true - they often align IPT to a higher mark (as my school had about 4 people last year with a band 6) but Sydney Uni scales the mark lower for the purposes of UAI calculation due to its relative ease compared to other subjects like the sciences, mathematics etc...

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
miss_gtr said:
sick, im 1st in ipt... i finished with 85, though i will get owned by all the posh sydney-ers...well anyone not from the bush. i reckon i'll get a band 4 atleast.
haha, pretty much the same, got 85 in the CSSA trial, and 86 overall, came first... but i'm aiming for a good band 6, just wish i new what raw mark was required for a 95 hsc mark, no matter though, it wont change how hard i try, still do my best

DarkPrince_87

HSC
whats the difference between scaling and aligning? i really dont know...and for aligning does that mean if i get like a 70 in IPT its equal to a 82 in legal studies or something?

HSC
Juju15 said:
i dont think it does get scaled much... they consider it an "easy" subject... but ur right it shuld get scaled up...
scaling depends on quality of canditure not ease of course :(

DarkPrince_87

HSC
ok so because IPT is essentially a hard course (alot of ppl dont do so good in IPT as they would in other subjects), im sure there are a few dozen smart people that will esentially get in the 90's but for everyone else the marks will probly drop heaps from that mostly in the 60's or 70's these marks woulda get aligned up into the 70's and 80's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)