IPT Trial results... (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
IPT HSC marking is the biggest load of hogwash.
My teacher marks according to the marking guidelines, but sometimes she's a bit too hard in her marking.

The criteria itself doesn't cover 'all types/ranges' of possible answers/responses, while their sample answers are textbook responses (but they do sound good ;)).

For 1 mark in IPT, you would have been awarded 3-4 marks in another subject such as Physics (as an example, I know I'm exaggerating the point).

That's stingy for you :)
4-6 mark questions, you'd need to write 2 pages+ to earn full marks (well, that's what I had to do).

Let's just say that IPT marking guidelines/criteria stink, or rather, they should be a little more generous! :)

^___^
HSC
i kinda agree....like i answered to the word to the question in the trial to see wat kinda result i would have got compare to my friend who wrote things irrevlant to the question (ie. defining a term when u dun need to)...

and the result he gets was better than my, though only by a few marks...but a few marks in the HSC seperates god knows how many ppl...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The fact that we got a certain amount of lines to answer in on our paper unfairly threw people off, if indeed it's true that you need over a page for a full mark.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lundy
we got a certain amount of lines to answer in on our paper
With every exam, the lines provided are used as a key or guide, as are the mark allocations.

For example, 1-2 lines for 1-2 marks. A paragraph (5-6 lines) for 3-4 marks, maybe half a page for 6-8 marks, or sometimes 1-2 pages for the full 8 marks, covering everything.

I usually fill up every line (I do know that it is quality over quantity), but even then, I:

a) ask for more writing booklets/paper
b) write on the borders, use "arrows/dividers" to point the marker to the next paragraph/sentence.

If you've got the time, then surely you should ask for more paper IF you think that it will add more marks, or improve on your response. Don't just write 3 pages about nothing pertinent to the question itself.

:)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
also our teacher didnt give half marks... thing that shit me was if the answer deserved a 2 1/2 she would put it down to 2 rather than up to 3.... fuck man just give us that 1/2 mark... so if i added up all the shit i would have gotten a half mark for i would have easily gotten 65% which is a big improvement on 55

edit: ohh and huy you should apply for moderator of this forum.... you pretty much dominate it as it is and pretty much all your posts provide some sort of assistance

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i did the independant and got 63. highest was 80-something, a few 70's, one 67, then me, then a few 50's, not sure about below that, then there was one 14

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
also our teacher didnt give half marks...
Our policy is, in the HSC - they don't give half marks, so at my school, teachers don't allocate/give out "half" marks. It's either 0 or 1, (on or off, binary ;)).

Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
edit: ohh and huy you should apply for moderator of this forum.... you pretty much dominate it as it is and pretty much all your posts provide some sort of assistance
This is true,
I've been approached from one of the Administrators to apply for the "IT stuff" section (but not IPT). I'll have a think about it, and if time permits, we'll see how it goes.

I don't want to be "higher/better" than anyone else, with privileges and all of the rest of it.

I'm just another HSC student like you guys!! :)
But I'll consider it, in a few days I'll PM/email the guys.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
No point worrying about half marks you would've gotten now. Better just to look at the mistakes you made and work on correcting them, and besides, there's no half marks in the HSC either

Rojc01

HSC
i suprised myself with 60%

i only studied 10 minutes before the exam. before that was the half-yearlys

i guess IPT is a crapy subject (try not to take offence you IPT die hards)

small effort >>> big results

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
for you people talking bout half a marks and that....

in maths they would give you a 3 instead of 2 instead of giving u a 2.5 which doesnt exist, my teacher i know would that rather than give u a 2. but luckily he gives half marks. in the hsc i think they would give u a 3 instead of a 2 if ur mark was suppose to be a 2.5

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rojc01
i guess IPT is a crapy subject (try not to take offence you IPT die hards)

small effort >>> big results
IPT isn't the 'most exciting' subject out there, but it is 'something to do, to pass time' :) I'm not an IPT die hard (although some would beg to differ), but everybody would enjoy IPT (or any other subject) if they were performing well, had good marks/ranks, and so on.

If you were putting a lot of effort into one subject, and getting the results, then you wouldn't 'diss' the subject :)

I have the same principle when it comes to your 'small effort >>> big results', as I generally "aim low, achieve high". I don't over-estimate my potential/capability, so I'm generally an average student, however there are times when I do surprise myself with higher-than-usual marks, which comes back to my idea behind aiming for 75-80% as a bare minimum (aiming low), but achieving high.

It works for me, so that's why I stick to.
I'd rather get 80 and be happy about it, than aim for 95-100% and become disappointed all year round after receiving any results (exams, tests, assessments, etc).

It's all about effort and putting your heart into something you're interested in :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tigerboi
Heard you got pissed hard on friday Huy! You bad ass :p
Maybe I did... but I don't remember it :D

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by diSinTegRating
well i came 1st in my school for HSC IPT
*Hi 5*

I came 1st in IPT too! :)

Kamz

I got 45.5%. The highest was about 55%

And yes my school fuckin sucks also and thats who i blame for my crappy mark!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Sometimes it's not the school, rather it is the student.
(I'm not saying that your mark reflects your attitude, commitment and efforts in IPT).

If you've got a bad teacher, then you can always excel on your own and revise work, complete homework etc without the teacher having to ask you to do so. Ask your peers for help also, they would be able to help you out.

rx72c

I came fourth with 80% and i stuffed multiiple choice with an excellent 6/20.
So fix multiple choice and i have a 90 in site.
Highest mark was 85% and that person got 19/20 in multiple choice.
So 90 in IPT IS EASY.

kouri

well w t f
HSC
i probably came halfway .... -__-
and yay... i did the whole study 10min before test haha..but still crap crap

and my trial = half yearlies woohoo. :\

but apparently my teacher goes....
everyones marks are usually a lot higher in the hsc than the schools mark. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)