IRP diary entries help (1 Viewer)

pigas

HSC
The diary entries seem the easiest part... however even though I've read the marking criteria, I want to be sure. Can anyone who got full marks on their diary entries show me a couple of entries as an example to know how to go about it?

Thanks!

Kat92

HSC
Hi pigas,

I received full marks for my diary entries and what I included was:

day/date
Tasks completed.
Documentation of any conversations had or my thoughts on literature.
Resolution to any problems.
What still needs to be undertaken (project development in line with the timeline).

If you can put the marking criteria up, I would be happy to talk you through it if the above is not detailed enough. :)

pigas

HSC
Thanks! According to the criteria:

to get 9 - 10 marks:

- diary submit weekly for review
- values, attitudes and feelings recorded and analysed
- demonstration of ongoing commitment to research process
- accurate record of research activities

Do you think you could post/message me an entry of yours as an example? if not that's ok!

Kat92

HSC
I no longer have mine but an entry would look something like this:

Sunday 20th October 2013

Today I commenced work on ..... (research or methodology) at the moment completion could be delayed due to .... However, I envisage that I will be able to overcome these due to .....

At the moment I am feeling a little overwhelmed/stressed by the whole ordeal.

Or

Today work was finalised on .... (research or methodology) as I located/gained various information that is helpful in the areas of ... or ...

Overall, I am feeling much more positive after getting .... completed

Then go onto discuss:

In the media, I noticed an interesting article today that highlighted ....

After discussing my topic with .... or ... it has got me thinking about ....

Tomorrow I plan to undertake the ..... hopefully I will have this finished by .... in order to stay with the timeframes that I initially proposed. However, if this does deviate at all it will be recorded on my Gantt chart with a column showing a comparison between proposed vs actual time.

Essentially writing the log is very much how you would write a normal diary entry. The only difference is that you are including aspects about the research component.

Hopefully, that gets you think about the basic type of structuring you would be using to address the marking rubric criteria.

Last edited:

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
Everything that Kat said, plus showing explicit problem solving.
If you get a trial mark/comments of your literature review - stick it in.
Basic brainstormed notes when deciding an area - stick it in.
People not filling out your questionnaires properly? Write about it - and then talk about how you're going to change them to be clearer/more direct and give examples and dates.
Another big thing is to incorporate as much CAFS terminology into it. Just because its a lot more informal compared to the actual IRP doesn't mean you dont CAFS the hell out of it.

Good luck!

amanda98

HSC
hey guys how do you write a literature review
............... could you please help me by giving me an example

Kat92

HSC
Hey can u please send me your irp diary
I no longer have mine. However, in addition to the examples above I conducted a quick search and this provides a good example of the sort of thing you need to be doing: https://nicoleelaixx.wordpress.com/. Although, you will be doing entries more frequently and perhaps a little more detailed following the template above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)