is 6000 words too much for the central material? (1 Viewer)

shaemitchell

HSC
Is 6000 words too much for the central material?
Ive cut it down from 8000.
Im not looking for criticism just an answer.
If it is too much how much lower would i have to get it too be acceptable to the markers ie not get marked down.

Thanks.

cmckie

HSC
hey!

Its said that the central material should be between 2500-5000 words. That does not include logbook, intro or conclusion.
I was in a similar situation to you with the large word count, I managed to get the central material down to 6000 words but my teacher told me it needed to be cut back further, because I would get penalised if it went over.

goodluck :)

apologue

HSC
Yeah. Don't risk being penalised over something that's easily fixed. You don't have to cut down 1000 words; you only have to cut enough to not seem ridiculously over.

teach77

HSC
N/A
You really need to keep the Central Material to an absolute maximum of 5000 words - the marking criteria gives you a range of 2500 to 5000 words in which to present your Central Material, which is a pretty generous range. It is expected that you can do this without going over the 5000 - markers may consider that to go over the maximum word limit reflects poor structure. There is a general consensus that the 10% rule can apply to the log, introduction and conclusion (so a maximum of 550 for each) but this is NOT the case with the CM.
Cut it down!
:)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
And also the markers have so many PIPs to get through. They probably don't want to see a 80 pages PIP, especially when it's the last few that they have to mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)