Is 90+ atar still possible? Bad Internals (1 Viewer)

JohnBobJohn

HSC
Hey so here are my ranks for internals.

NOTE: My school is ranked approx top 60

Biology 35/44
Economics 35/43
Business Studies 50/100
Adv Eng 70/176
Maths General 20/89

I am NOT trying to be arrogant, but for externals i know i am well capable of getting 90+ in all these subjects except english. My own level of intelligence has not been the reason for getting these results neither has it been discipline issues, reasons i'd rather not go into. But is it at all possible to get 90+ if i ace the externals completely?

Also any stories of people doing bad in internals and coming back on externals?

Last edited:

sickb

HSC
i am basically in the same boat as you but my school is top 50. i reckon you can get 90+ if you are able to do very good in trials becos a lot of people i know who smashed trials were able to in hsc take half of the mark they got for hsc and half of the persons mark who got their rank in the hsc. So internals basically just give a rough sketch of your ranking overall but if u are confident in hsc you can smash it then your fine, but english advanced is an issue becos if you get less than 80 it will drag down a lot so just try to improve but all in all you should be fine cos if you do well for economics that should scale very well.
One question have you done trials yet?

JohnBobJohn

HSC
Hey no i haven't done trials, but thing is, the only subjects ill probably improve my rank in trials will probs be bio and Business and maybe adv eng as trials is really soon. If thats the case then do you reckon its still possible?

sickb

HSC
Yea now the only problem is maths cos the scaling on that is a rock so it just drops thats all, just do practice for maths to improve but if u can improve english then yes 90+ is possible dont worry about it just do your trials to the best of your ability. for maths if u need any help msg and i can defs help you im top 1 for maths and my school. good luck with trials and im doing mine starting tmr

JohnBobJohn

HSC
Thanks for your replies, one more thing, In theory, if im ranked 35 in eco for internal, whoever gets the 35th highest mark in external HSC (in my grade), thats what my internal assessment mark will be? (before adjusting for how the grade goes or scaling)

sickb

HSC
No for example lets say your 35th and in the hsc you get 90 and the 35th person get 95 you get half their mark and half you mark added together so 92.5 but they round it 93

sickb

HSC
for internals your mark only changes dependant on your schools ranking which is because higher ranked schools have harder internals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)