Is 99+ UAI attainable? (1 Viewer)

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
Tuna said:
I'm getting dizzy about 99+ how come no one is aiming for 100?
is it possible to even get a 100 uai?? and just outta curiosity, what courses accept uai's of 100 anyways ?

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
yeh about 22 ppl or so each year get 100. AND ALL COURSES WOULD ACCEPT you if u got 100 .. lol

mack

Banned
HSC
Yes. The UAI is a rank, if your aggregate of scaled marks is the highest in the state, you will achieve 100 UAI. I'm not sure what you mean by that last question? What courses accept UAIS of 100? All of them!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Heehee, a couple of mates and I were working out our UAI's on SAM yesterday and I was entering our prelim marks for each subject and a guess for ext 2. I ended up with 87 and that was with a bit of 'creative data entry.'

One of my friends ended up with a UAI of 58. He just went, "Oh. Shit. Looks like plumbing for me." Then he went home. It was really, really funny.

UAI's are so scary, I mean they mean so much...but mean so little. Then scaling comes into the picture and you could do absolutely awesomely in all your subjects, but if you're doing shit subjects like IPT or PD/H or somethin it goes allllll the way back down again. I hate you Mr. UAI. I really do.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
taxman said:
Heehee, a couple of mates and I were working out our UAI's on SAM yesterday and I was entering our prelim marks for each subject and a guess for ext 2. I ended up with 87 and that was with a bit of 'creative data entry.'

One of my friends ended up with a UAI of 58. He just went, "Oh. Shit. Looks like plumbing for me." Then he went home. It was really, really funny.

UAI's are so scary, I mean they mean so much...but mean so little. Then scaling comes into the picture and you could do absolutely awesomely in all your subjects, but if you're doing shit subjects like IPT or PD/H or somethin it goes allllll the way back down again. I hate you Mr. UAI. I really do.

i'm with.......blast u mr UAI!!!!!!!!!

yes it'd be sweet to attain a UAI of over 99....think of the publicity. get in teh newspaper again...the honur. * snaps back to reality* o well.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
-blueblue- said:
yeh about 22 ppl or so each year get 100. AND ALL COURSES WOULD ACCEPT you if u got 100 .. lol
ahah my mistake. i meant to ask what courses ONLY accept UAIs of 100 as a cut-off?! are there any uni's crazy enough to lift the cut-off that much?

mack

Banned
HSC
I dont think any cut off would ever reach 100. It is determined by available places also, as only 20 or so people 100, there will always be more than 20 places available. The highest I can recall is B International Business Admin at Mac which was 99.95.

bunnie

withoutaface said:
Just out of curiosity, was this 99+ course combined law?
Yes, with International Studies, but I really doubt I can get into this course.

E

eling

bunnie said:
After going to the UNSW open day a couple of weeks ago, I know what I want to study at uni but it is 99+ UAI to get into the course.

My marks have been average this year. I've only been getting 70s and 80s in my report. I didn't put a lot of effort in my exams before, and now I'm starting to stop wasting my time and studying. Is it still possible to achieve 99+ UAI to get into the course I want for me now? My Mum keeps telling me it's too late.

-pay ur way
-transfer courses afta a year- although this may be competitive
-try a lower cut off uni
-aim for a diff course
-motivate urself and work hard in aiming to get 99+

nothing's impossible if u work really hard now you can still achieve it but if you're like me and you slack off the next moment then it's not too good

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
eling said:
-pay ur way
-transfer courses afta a year- although this may be competitive
-try a lower cut off uni
-aim for a diff course
-motivate urself and work hard in aiming to get 99+

nothing's impossible if u work really hard now you can still achieve it but if you're like me and you slack off the next moment then it's not too good
eling yo make it sound so easy. however, there are ome flaws in it. one cannnot just put their foot down and say, i will motivate myself like that.

you have to first walk the walk before you can talk the talk; korny i know, but it's quite logical.

you may say one thing, but your actions will do another thing. you ahve to balance both your mental and physical sides to be able to control yourself fully.

unless you can do that, one can only do one thing at a time, therefore concentrating on one of the sides, whether menatl or physical attributes. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)