Is another class learning more or getting unfair advantages? (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
This happened to us recently with Business Studies.
The other class was told that ethical stuff wasn't going to be in the financial planning and management topic test. Someone in our class heard and complained.
Funnily enough, when I went to collect my papers today, the teacher announced that it is not going to be in the test.
In English, the other class got their assessment notification on Friday when we got ours the following Monday.
It happens a lot, there isn't much you can do about it, really.

D

Dell =P

its happening everywhere i guess
im having my yr12 retreat from tues to thurs and my half yearly exams start next week...
the maths department in my school is really slow compared to last year's half yearly exam .. im a tadd worried about if we are going to finish before trials :S

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Yep, it happens. Especially when a teacher sets a paper and teaches his/her class specifically what's in it.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
This has occured in all 3 of my physics tests.

First test, the teacher told the students to study the first question in set 8.

Second test, the teacher told the students how the electric bell works (the test was a comprehension on how it works.)

Third test, the teacher gave the class the exact same question handed out as todays test.

My teacher teaches 2/3 of the physics classes, hes fucking hopeless and I hate the fact that I'm being cheated out of what appear to be easy marks.

bassistx

HSC
Does all this not mean that we're able to blame teachers for not doing well in assessments? My parents always say that the student needs nothing but a textbook. They don't seem to understand "advantage".

jcurry

HSC
.x.Cookie.x. said:
Ha. This doesn't happen at my school. The highest number of people in a year 12 class is 4.
ey single class or just the harder ones, that would be amazing

Vauxhall

HSC
Errrrgh. Get this, an English teacher at my school told her class the wrong date for an in class assessment. They had to do it anyway, coming to school completely unprepared, otherwise it would have been 'unfair'. True. But unfair to that whole class aswell. Anyway, people complained from her class, and then EVERYBODY in the entire grade had to take it again...

very bad. very, very bad.

ccc123

HSC
Yeah...

this happens all the time in Modern, whereby the teacher of the other class is also teh one who sets all the assessements, and hence tailors what's taught to best prepare his class for the assessments. Its pretty annoying, but what can you do?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Yeah when there a two classes taught by two different teachers, a class my place emphasis on a certain topic much more then the other. And consequently the teacher writing a test generally puts the greatest amount of marks for the greater amount of time/effort on a topic.

=inequality.

jcurry

HSC
yeh teaches are shit, especially when you get the dumb teacher and the other class has the good teacher

bassistx

HSC
Highest number of people in a class, that I know of, is 6 or 7. Italian Continuers.
Speaking of Italian, we have a great teacher who actually puts off assessments if he thinks we're not ready. There was meant to be an assessment in week 3 of this term, it's now week 8 and they're doing it on Wednesday.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
would a really good teacher in one class compared ot a shit one in another be considered an advantage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)