Is anyone doing Anything other than Frankenstein in prelim ext eng? (1 Viewer)

zeddax

HSC
Yup! I'm doing Dracula as my core text in studying Gothic literature. I'm from North Coast and we are not fan's of Le Frankenstein! :)

Please explain your text further. Not sure how that is related to the Gothic unless that is not your topic.

//Zeddax

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Who me Zeddax?
lol.
Well...Dracula is one of the first gothic books. Frankenstein sounds interresting. Actually Dracula is fascinating. So many angles it can be taken from.
=)

patty4848

HSC
Lucky me, I'm doing Dracula for the entire preliminary course as part of 'language and values'...i assumed that doing three terms on dracula would really annoy me by third term, but you're right, there are so many perspectives to discuss....I'm actually really enjoying Dracula, and i have to admit, doing one text for 3 terms is much better than studying lots of texts...it gets easier as it goes because you are just constantly adding to what you already know

x.glam

HSC
doing franky as well.

ps. jane eyre is such a hit with me.. tragic yet romantic. as for great gatsby, havent read it yet but sounds pretty good though

Lizzy27

HSC
we have done lots of poe and all the other famous gothic poems like the yellow wallpaper

now we are doing dracula and next term we are doing frankenstein.

i think its just cuz they are the easiest to analyze really.

HSC
im doing frankenstein for advanced this year.
for extension in prelim gothic i did dracula

Snicho

HSC
Im doing madness in Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea, i think i do frankenstein next year... but im not sure.

Yomo

HSC
draculaa...iv gotten bored of it already tho...just couldn't get into the book...dumbest shit in the universe as a teacher doesnt hep too much either lol

Srg_Smally

HSC
We are doing the Monk by Mathew Lewis. WE would be doing Frankenstein, but our school is doing it for the HSC in adv. Engish.

kiniki

HSC
i'm doing dracula, and we're doing it for next term as well ow! my teacher can't stop ranting about how erotic and sexual it is which is bullshit coz it features all that 'sensibility' shit. its as erotic as the top button on a top undone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)