IS ANYone Doing architecture for their B.O.W? (1 Viewer)

HSC&ME=NOLIFE

HSC
hey just wondering if anyone else on here is doing built environment as part of their B>O>W? would hate to be the only one ;)

HSC
N/A
I don't think I've seen anyone around here (at least of the regulars) that is.

Keep in mind though - working in a not so popular expressive form (eg. textiles and fibres vs. painting) does have it's advantages. Just think, at the marking centre teachers are going to be absolutely over run with drawings, paintings, photography, sculptures, digital media etc.... night after night of marking thousands of artworks, there's got to be a point where one just starts blurring into the next.

Working in a not so popular form means your work won't just be another painting in the pile. And it also means there's less chance what you've done would be one of those typical HSC artworks/themes that are done to death.

HSC&ME=NOLIFE

HSC
thanks for the input... surely boosts my confidence... there has to be someone else thats doing it though...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
A guy in my year is doing photographic prints of city buildings...

HSC&ME=NOLIFE

HSC
well does anyone know of anyone in the past that has done it... i have just finished my two models and found out it has to be "trucked " to syd marking centre. yeah thats like two hours away they better bloody not give us some pov truck that rattles n shakes like a bitch....

i posted [pics up in another thread... looks good ( ithink)- i have nothing to compare it to ;(

The Cruel Sea

HSC
Um, just a vague notion of mine, but i think you are allowd to actually deliver it to the marking centre yourself somehow. I'm sorry i don't know more than that, but having seen the slavish intricacy of your work i don't think you'd have any desire to see it delivered in some truck comparable to a horse drawn cart. Enquire about it, i'm sure they would make provisions. I'm astonished as to how intricate and detailed your construction is. Just how big is it?

Last edited:

HSC&ME=NOLIFE

HSC
yeah well its kinda a bit big to be delivered by good old 4wd. the large scale house (the one i took pics of ) is 1200x 600, and that just fitted in the back of the 4wd but the doors couldnt close (so i had to sit in the back holding them closed- it was great lol i had a cramped arm for the rest of the day) but i have another model of a smaller scale but its bigger than the house as it is an environment consisting of two mountains with smaller houses and apartments on it. my teacher has assured me that tnt are use to transporting extremely fragile objects over long distances.. its really crap though cos everyone else from my school except a guy doing dig anim, gets theres marked at school.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
HSC&ME=NOLIFE said:
yeah well its kinda a bit big to be delivered by good old 4wd. the large scale house (the one i took pics of ) is 1200x 600, and that just fitted in the back of the 4wd but the doors couldnt close (so i had to sit in the back holding them closed- it was great lol i had a cramped arm for the rest of the day) but i have another model of a smaller scale but its bigger than the house as it is an environment consisting of two mountains with smaller houses and apartments on it. my teacher has assured me that tnt are use to transporting extremely fragile objects over long distances.. its really crap though cos everyone else from my school except a guy doing dig anim, gets theres marked at school.
If I were you, i'd try and get insurance on it :|
Just to make them more safe.
It's a shame ucan't get it marked at school!!!
Neither (photography/digital media)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)