is anyone doing history and memory?? (1 Viewer)

sara_s

I Hate English

omg!!!! i so didnt know that we have to have supplementary material for history and memory!!! Oh shit i guess im not going to be sleeping tonight

Icecat

....It's too late now to be asking for notes on history and memory...isn't it.....lol

-MM

dramonis

HSC
50th gate

hi, I was wondering if I could have a look at someone's notes on 50th gate? and other rtealted texts as well.
be nice, i've just joined and have no idea how a forum works : )

alex_c86

HSC
hey to all doin 'the true history of the kelly gang'. i did this for module c last year, and while at first i didnt like it so much, it actually ended up being one of my stronger essays... if i can be bothered to scan or type notes up ill put them up somewhere or email them to anyone who wants them... neway, with regards to the supplementary texts, our teacher specifically told us to stay away from ned kelly texts as its not bout him, but history and memory, and u want a variety, not just one example. i used one of plinys letters from the 79ad eruption (which i had studied in latin, but anyone could do it) and it was a really good one to use, as it had direct quotes differentiating between history and memory, and how he left out specific events as they did not benefit history, but were rather personal accounts of memory; also he quotes how time alters a person's memory... the other one i used was some documentary on 9/11, and i cant even remember what it was.. if i find my notes ill post.

Megzie_22

HSC
I really need note on the fiftieth gate as soon as possible i am totally stuck and need help in understanding "What effects the meaning of the text" plus anything else that could help. please i am really desperate

carlzishere

unknown person
HSC
for those doing ned kelly.... I finished reading the syllabus over and over coz I've been having the same problem too, and it says heaps clearly that the texts of your own choosing have to be related to the perscribed text.... i.e. for ned kelly they have to be about ned kelly e.g. sydney nolan's paintings of ned kelly or ned kelly folk songs or the film etc... and the markers are looking for a wide variety of texts so don't do like 2 photos or paintings or 2 songs or whatever.. make sure each text is a different text type to the others. hope that helps.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
carlzishere said:
for those doing ned kelly.... I finished reading the syllabus over and over coz I've been having the same problem too, and it says heaps clearly that the texts of your own choosing have to be related to the perscribed text.... i.e. for ned kelly they have to be about ned kelly e.g. sydney nolan's paintings of ned kelly or ned kelly folk songs or the film etc... and the markers are looking for a wide variety of texts so don't do like 2 photos or paintings or 2 songs or whatever.. make sure each text is a different text type to the others. hope that helps.
Like you could do the Ned Kelly paintings, they're cool, you could do "Ned Kelly" with Orlando Bloom or you could do a propoganda picture of him from the 19th century; no?

lcosta-2420

HSC
Hey limegreenqueen (and anyone else doing True History of the Kelly Gang) did your teacher tell you that you could only use supp texts that related to Ned Kelly, as opposed to just History and Memory in general?

Yeah we got told that so then you can compare how one version of kelly is portrayed compared to another version... Ihate it so hard...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)