Is anyone doing "no one's perfect"? (1 Viewer)

phage therapy

HSC
wanna know if anyone is doing ext jap.
if yes, are you doing Ototake's "no one's perfect"?
if yes, can you help me think of some topics/questions that can be asked during an exam?
thanks

spam police

i did ext jap last year, hmmm i'm just trying to remember.

they asked us about himoyaganashi's play "is someone out there?", well not directly but the question suggested that we use this play for analysis.

phage therapy

HSC
do you mean questions about the topic areas, such as discrimination , etc etc?
or questions that relate directly to the book and to ototake himself?

spam police

so sorri took so long to reply. couldn't get on, then forgot i posted a thread....

if you have anything that might help with speaking or writing and is willing to send it to me, i'm very grateful. doesn't really matter whether they're stuff of the book or the issues.

i'm gonna have a speaking? test soon i think and i need some questions to practice on if possible.

thank you

phage therapy

HSC
ohok hi sorry i didnt see this post.. yeah i have some stuff i can send, but i'd have to email it.
what is your email address?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If you have anything of use I'm sure all members would appreciate you emailing them to the Admins for download from the main site.

Last edited:

spam police

oh also, for speaking did you check out the sample answers? its from that board of studies thing.. im not sure if they give it to the students though, maybe just the teachers. but i can send you last years one.. its quite helpful.

phage therapy

HSC
oh, does anyone know what sorts of social issues they have in 3u ?

or is it just the category that they jsut stuff in all the questions that dont fit into the other 3 main parts of the course?

im a bit confused>!

phage therapy

HSC
Originally posted by spam police
Does anyone know where i could possibly learn japanese within the area of sydney?
Book comprehension, composition inspired by an event in the book, composition about the issues that relate to the book from a selection of 2 questions.

Our book ws 'Gotaifumanzoku'... the english was 'No one's perfect' (not translated from Jap title) You'd be doing the same...?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by spam police
Does anyone know where i could possibly learn japanese within the area of sydney?
This really belongs in the buy/sell tutoring forum, starting a thread there would probably be more helpful to you.

If you go to the city and look in the asian groceries or Kinokuniya you will find a few Japanese magazines Like JP Australia. Though they are aimed at tourists you will find many advertisements for Japanese-English language schools.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Also: Because the Japanese community is primarily centred about the North Shore (Artarmon, Northbridge and Chatswood) you will find most of those language schools in this area. I think there are one or two in the city as well.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by phage therapy
oh, does anyone know what sorts of social issues they have in 3u ?
The areas of focus this year are "The impact of Technology", "Group versus the Individual", and "Overcoming Personal Problems"

Last edited:

mle

Does everyone else doing the 3u course get the same booklet as I did? My class got a booklet which had the text (in the sections) the english translation, questions and excercises and gramatical pratice bits. It's been really useful, and so far the questions have been almost the same as the exam ones. for issues we also got one with three sections, reading comps, questions and sample answers (altho i still managed to completely screw up my speaking!).

for the text (for example) it has q's like (in renet) what effect does saiwaini have? and what effect does iyoiyo have?

am i the only one who has this booklet?

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
uh i think everyone that does this course has the same booklets. at least the passages and the three issues booklet ...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't think I got that booklet...

Could you possibly scan and upload it? I would love to have a look... (turn it into a PDF if you can)

And before anyone says "there's only a 1MB limit" I meant to the site itself so I can add it to the Japanese notes section (in development)

karnevil

HSC
and in answer to your first question, everyone who does extension jap is studying gotai fumanzoku (nobody's perfect)

I know one of the ladies who was on the panel that chose the extracts for this year. I thanked her.. they're actually interesting, dont u think?

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I don't think I got that booklet...

Could you possibly scan and upload it? I would love to have a look... (turn it into a PDF if you can)

And before anyone says "there's only a 1MB limit" I meant to the site itself so I can add it to the Japanese notes section (in development)

who ya talking to and what booklet do ya mean? >.>;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)