is anyone else screwed for ancient tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

Felty

HSC
Ancient is going to ruin me, I hope its not to hard i really cant afford for it to ruin my atar-- and i litreally know NOTHING

jackl25

HSC
Yes.

I've been skimming my notes the past few weeks, but I feel very not-confident.

I just want a Band 5 now.....hopefully that's still possible.

musing

HSC
I'm screwed if BOS decides to be mean this year, which is highly probable.

Felty

HSC
screw BOS, luckily i only do 11 uints- does anyone know how ancient will be halfed?

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
n_n Feeling okay. Ancient's my favourite subject so I studied it more so throughout the year. :)
Hoping the exam paper is nice, and they don't decide to be mean this year.
Just reading over past papers and notes to reinforce everything.

Best of luck everyone for tomorrow. n_n

carolineXO

HSC
im doing Pompeii, Sparta, Hatshepsut and New Kingdom Egypt.
totally screwed for Egypt i literally know nothing! and that isnt a joke!
Pompeii and Sparta are my best hopefully the questions are good.. if not then im in for a major screwing :/

jessxxxr

HSC
im doing Pompeii, Sparta, Hatshepsut and New Kingdom Egypt.
totally screwed for Egypt i literally know nothing! and that isnt a joke!
Pompeii and Sparta are my best hopefully the questions are good.. if not then im in for a major screwing :/
i do pompeii and herc. minoans, hatshepsut and fricken new kingdom egypt, im feeling good with everything except for new kingdom, yay for all nighters, exactly what i want!

lockedbox

HSC
im doing the core, pericles, greek world (persian wars) and athens. It all overlaps quite nicely but I haven't got an essay for each dotpoint (have for most though) and I'm terrified that I'll get something I didn't prepare for. I tried to tackle everything but it just didn't happen :( I'm holding out for a 25 mark question on the changes in the delian league or themistocles which are my strongest points.

Its sad because this is the one topic that I really want to do well in, but if things keep going the way they have been it looks like we're going to get a hellish paper this year.

Last edited:

carolineXO

HSC
im feeling good with everything except for new kingdom, yay for all nighters, exactly what i want!
yeah thats exactly what i will be doing tonight aswell :( i havent even looked at NK egypt yet. i think i will die before tomorrow im dreaking this exam!!

Sammy2011

HSC
I'm holding out for a 25 mark question on the changes in the delian league or themistocles which are my strongest points.
Dear God no. Delian league would kill me. I'm hoping for a question on the Inter war period.

lockedbox

HSC
Dear God no. Delian league would kill me. I'm hoping for a question on the Inter war period.
well interwar period would kill me how about we split the difference with themistocles and call things even?

Sammy2011

HSC
well interwar period would kill me how about we split the difference with themistocles and call things even?
Sounds fair, let's shake on it. :)

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow! We can only try our best, and remember that there will be no more HSC Ancient History after this!

duck455

HSC
Anyone have any predictions for New Kingdom Amenhotep III to Ramesses II???? Or Pompeii/Herc???

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
screw BOS, luckily i only do 11 uints- does anyone know how ancient will be halfed?
It's a 2 unit subject, whatever you get for every 2 unit subject is halved and then added to make 10 units (incase of irregular units, they pick the one unit that scales best).

jessxxxr

HSC
Anyone have any predictions for New Kingdom Amenhotep III to Ramesses II???? Or Pompeii/Herc???
for NKE Amenhotep III-Ramesses II, im thinking maybe a queens question, possibly assessing political and religious significance of each (or a few) of the pharaohs building programs, maybe assess the reign of Ramesses II, or assess Amenhotep III, or even one on officials. In my dream world, i would hope they would ask about Akhenaten or Amenhotep III, but thats probably not going to happen

maryjill

HSC
ahhh I'm doing p&h (of course), spartan society, akhenaten and New Kingdom Egypt from Amenhotep III to
the death of Ramesses II wooooo, so not sleeping tonight ha... the bos screwed me over, I was allocated extra time and breaks throughout my whole hsc for legit reasons (doctors suggested), a week before my first hsc exam I find out I don't get any breaks or extra time... just a separate room (which I'm grateful for) It's just hard for me to concentrate, when I'm used to these conditions... I've screwed up every exam so far, completely devastated... mature aged student here I come!

duck455

HSC
for NKE Amenhotep III-Ramesses II, im thinking maybe a queens question, possibly assessing political and religious significance of each (or a few) of the pharaohs building programs, maybe assess the reign of Ramesses II, or assess Amenhotep III, or even one on officials. In my dream world, i would hope they would ask about Akhenaten or Amenhotep III, but thats probably not going to happen
I would say don't bother with Akhenaten, I do him as a personality study and they wouldn't be stupid enough to give people that advantage... I hope building programs or Amenhotep III get asked. I definitely don't want queens or officials!

jessxxxr

HSC
I would say don't bother with Akhenaten, I do him as a personality study and they wouldn't be stupid enough to give people that advantage... I hope building programs or Amenhotep III get asked. I definitely don't want queens or officials!
that is very true, but they asked about him in 2008, people doing him would of had the time of their lives!! i would love amenhotep iii and building programs too, *fingers crossed for us* but i don't mind queens, but officials HAHHH :/ i need to go over tonight just in case, ughhh i hate this module so much

jellybeans4me

HSC
I'm kinda a little pumped, just means that I'm closer to finishing this evil thing.
Doing P&H; Athens in the time of Pericles, Pericles and Augustus. Really REALLY want one of the 25 markers to be about the Frontier Policy (hasn't been asked in the last four years). I think I'm screwed for Pericles though =/
Ok my not so great predictions:
P&H: 10 marker on ethical concerns or changing interpretations
Athens in the time of Pericles: structure of Athenian society, myths and legends, maybe something on the economy (Agora/Piraeus/economic exchange)
Pericles: 10 marker on maybe military career or building program or promotion of Athenian Imperialism and the 15 on ancient and modern sources maybe or his impact on his time
Augustus: Frontier Policy, maybe the settlements, maybe problems of succession

good luck though everyone!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)