• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is anyone using already prepared essays? (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
as well as what other people have said, i memorise key phrases that are worded good, ones that make me sound smart.

HSC
hell yeah!

basic essay learnt off my heart and then adapt to the question!

Good Luck Everyone!

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
i was going to then decided not all i have now is summary sheet which includes summary plots of texts, the journeys in each outlined, tech and uotes and discussion of these thats it then i have been doing prac essays just so i can continually use all these things and remember them

9deuce

MADE
HSC
Wrote my essay for AOS, then extracted the main points and quotes from it, so I can just apply them to the question.

Just need to do 2 more for the second paper.

pissedoff

HSC
N/A
"That, according to nearly any teacher I've asked and most of which mark HSC regularly, will generally recieve at most 12/20"

Here's an exciting new fact. The AOS paper is only out of 45

Each section in Area of Studies is only out of 15. So technically that's 12/15, a high "B-Range Response"

The main notion behind journeys does not diverge greatly, therefore a prepared response is quite okay =)

Modules are worth 20 each and ask you to demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the text, it's here that a memorised essay can hurt you! Especially if they specify a certain element.

Anyway that's my 2-cents worth, good luck everyone

wendus

krawr.
HSC
jackie07 said:
Just wondering.. Is anyone using already prepared and memorised to thier best, essays for paper one and two?

I know people who are and just adapting it to any question.

Any thoughts?
yep. prepared essay for everything.

HSC
i'm going to memorise one for journeys and telling the truth. however for transformations i've written a few, i'm just going to get the general themes/language/techniques etc down, for critical study i've written out heaps of quotes, since it's likely to be specific.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
for me i am just going to make summary sheets for all of them which i could easily use to make essays from that way i cant screw up by trying to write something not suited to uestion

*Baby-K*

HSC
I am memorising my creative writing and my journeys essay starting tomorrow (otherwise it doesn't stay in my memory). I will probably memorise the rest and twist it to fit the question :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)